Hard to believe, but we've hit a new low

Discussion in 'Politics' started by well highdrated, Aug 7, 2017.

1. he's done absolutely nothing, and that's the point. people are starting to wake up to the fact that the executive needs to be limited to what is outlined in the constitution. i think the russian sanctions bill was the first time i've heard that congress actually limited the president's powers. in the past when the president would do the same exact overreaching actions, it would be nothing but excuses made for him, whether it was bush or obama.

i'm glad people are criticizing the level of power the president has, for once, and how it's outside of the constitution. it's long overdue.

• Like Like x 3
  2. He can call the MSM whatever he wants, but as long as he isn't using the government to literally censor other news media, it's a non issue.

This isn't fascism.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. #43 spliffington, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    Yeah, it was clearly a joke, hence the "/s"...

Edit: the fact that you hit the disagree button. What are you even disagreeing with? :laughing:So weird.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. We got a conservative judge of our choice into the Supreme Court, many conservatives voted for Trump just for this reason. I'm just happy we don't have to deal with anymore Liberal bullshit becoming law.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. what do you mean by "our choice"?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Disagreeing that it wasn't a joke. You actually believe he is a fascist. Trump is not a fascist. Obama wasn't a fascist. Bush wasn't a fascist.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Literally never called Trump fascist before that comment that you took out of context, but I understand you not wanting to lose face now. It's cool.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Then please explain your post to me because I don't understand what else it could mean.

9. trump himself hadn't done anything to limit his powers, but congress attempted too at least in regards to dealing with russia. Congress didn't do that because of some well thought out reason, to limit the power of THE executive, just to limit the power of this executive as a knee jerk reaction to the paid protesters camping outside their houses every night.
    Now they can say "well, you think the presidents approval rating is bad...hah, we got 13% but no one talks about that. We were unable to get any major legislature accomplished during the first 7 months, but hey look, we made it so he can't do anything to russia!"

• Like Like x 1
  10. It goes without saying that I believe this whole TrumpTV thing is incredibly stupid but that's Trump for you. He like to make things and put his name on it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. No. Go look for an argument with someone else.

12. I don't care what the reason is, but any and all measures with the goal of limiting the power of the executive office is a good thing. I will always support measures for any limitation of power on the federal government.

• Like Like x 2
  13. I'm not looking for an argument. If you believe I wrongly interpreted your post, that's fine. It happens. But I'm asking nicely for an explaination of what you originally meant since according to you, I missed it. Just trying to get some understanding here.

14. I dont disagree with you at all. After 8 years of barry trampling all over the constitution and allowing the intel agencies to get so far out of control, I also welcome any and all limiting. Its just sad that this is where and how they did it. And very telling. As if anyone needed any more proof that the congress isn't interested in working with the president to pass his agenda.

Hopefully they vote down section 702 next, but they probably wont.

15. And yet you applaud and orange moron who can only get something enacted by executive order despite an overwhelming majority in Congress.

Ok. I totally respect your opinion regardless of your ridiculous conclusions.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Until we do something worse than going to war with each other over the right to own people, I'd say we have a long way to go until we hit "a new low"

• Like Like x 1
  17. Exactamundo.

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1