Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hard Decision

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by finalshade15, Mar 13, 2012.

1. i always thought the MFLB looked way over rated for the price of it, and it also looked cheaply made. I have never used one though but can say that vapes are fun but i would wait till i could get a nice extreme or volc. so i would go with a bubbler i got one like 5 years ago and never regretted it.

2. Bubbler. I agree that nothing will ever beat a big, milky bong rip.

3. I have never had a problem getting high from a vape or the mflb in general. You did it wrong.

4. It's not a question of getting high, it's a question of which got me higher. Please don't tell me I'm hitting it wrong, I can pull a decent hit off of it, I can get high off of it, the high is just weak in comparison to my bongs or even the cheap $20 chinese vape they threw in with the mflb. To each their own, just putting my opinion out there.

5. [quote name='"screwstonzbo"']

Please use your own reading skills and find where I stated that vapes "suck". I think I said "vapes are cool" at one point, just not better than actual smoking apparatus. The OP asked about the mflb, it does work, but doesn't compare to to a real vaporizer, even to say it's better than a hand pipe is far fetched. Please don't put words in my mouth and make me out to be the anti-vape, I like to vape, I want to like them more for health reasons, have tried to use nothing but vapes, it just doesn't cut the mustard. I'm sorry if you're too biased or snobbish to accept that as reasonable.[/quote]

xD. That's exactly my point. Please reread my posts with the understanding that it's THAT issue I have a statement of. Saying a vaporizer isn't an actual smoking apparatus and that one shouldn't invest in one is kinda implying that vapes suck. It's easy ignoring every single point in my post when you find something insignificant to latch on to =p. So I stand by my posts, you obviously dono what you're talking about.

6. #26 F. Fontaine, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2012
    That is bullshit. I get high as shit all the time off my Da Buddha vaporizer. Of course they can never replace smoking but to say you barely get high of weed in a vaporizer is that - bullshit.

Also to the OP, I would only invest in a vaporizer if you feel that it will be a significant long term use kind of thing. I would save up my money to get good a desktop vape as another person said. If you don't want to do that, get the bubbler I guess. I would rather save up and get a nice mini bong but that's me.

7. Let me say it again, stop assuming, and use your damn reading skills, a vaporizer isn't "smoking apparatus", by saying so does not mean I said they suck. I've been very clear that I like vapes but they don't compare to smoking, in my opinion. Further, if you reread my posts you may see that I was mainly talking about the mflb, I haven't been completely bias like you. I stand by my posts, calm your jimmies guy.

I was mainly talking about the mflb, which is what OP asked about because that's his price range.

8. [quote name='"screwstonzbo"']
    Let me say it again, stop assuming, and use your damn reading skills, a vaporizer isn't "smoking apparatus", by saying so does not mean I said they suck. I've been very clear that I like vapes but they don't compare to smoking, in my opinion. Further, if you reread my posts you may see that I was mainly talking about the mflb, I haven't been completely bias like you. I stand by my posts, calm your jimmies guy.

[/quote]

I'm very calm, and I'm not assuming a thing. I'm reading just fine. I disagreed with your post, you WERE saying vapes suck, and sever other blades have quoted you saying similar things. Vapes DO get you higher, and you were saying that they wouldn't. You're wrong, and I provided my evidence. Good day, and unless you have something to actually back up your claims rather than trying to attack my posts. And maybe you should re-read your own posts, you weren't talking about just the MFLB at all, that much was very clear. But regardless you were incorrect.

9. Haha, okay guy, seems some people agree that smoking's better too but I guess you don't look at those posts, good day.

10. #30 Sa0sin, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2012
    Other cbd in weed work at higher temps than thc, some at much higher temps.

So your either getting more thc and less cbd or turning up the heat on your vape and by the time you had all the cbd you'd be back to losing some thc like smoking.

Many of these cbd make ppl feel higher, which is why most unbiased ppl feel higher off smoking.

Simple as that.

11. [quote name='"screwstonzbo"']If you like to barely get high off your weed get the mflb, these guys are blowin vape up your ass OP, vapes are cool but they can never replace real smoking apparatus. Go with the bubbler.[/quote]

Shut up.
    I own a mflb, and it's badass brotha. Literally, get high anywhere.
    Even though I do use glass more than it, it's definitely something you wanna have in your collection. Just be careful, because since I could get high whenever my tolerance went through the fucking roof. It wasn't even getting me high anymore so I had to break. I was using it 4-5 times a day, and I go to school and work..

But yeah, don't listen to him, it's definitely worth it. And honestly you can't find that many quality pieces for <$150. Unless you go with ssfg.

12. [quote name='"Sa0sin"']

Other cbd in weed work at higher temps than thc, some at much higher temps.

So your either getting more thc and less cbd or turning up the heat on your vape and by the time you had all the cbd you'd be back to losing some thc like smoking.

Many of these cbd make ppl feel higher, which is why most unbiased ppl feel higher off smoking.

Simple as that.[/quote]

Actually, it takes significantly higher temperatures to destroy THC. Like those in combustion.

CBD doesn't refer to call cannabinoids, it just refers to cannabidol. THC is the most abundant cannabinoid in cannabis, and the second is cannabidol (CBD). They make up most of the cannabinoids found on the plant. There are quite a few others, but they are significantly smaller amounts, but nearly every single one of them is activated by a vape, without losing any THC or combusting. You also get all of the terpenes and terpenoids which take significant losses when combusted. While different from cannabinoids they still produce relaxing effects. There's a lot you miss with combustion, but not much with vaping. They do work at higher temperatures, but not high enough to destroy THC.

What's often overlooked is the fact that things other than cannabinoids found in plant matter may effect how you feel. Carcinogens and tar produced by burning plant matter, do effect how you feel. Also, there's significantly more carbon monoxide produced, this definitely effects how one feels, and can easily bring a light headed feeling to the high. This difference may turn some people off.

But if you vape your weed to a medium to dark brown, you'll get a well rounded high with those cannabinoids. What's left is very very few, and the effects are mostly non-beneficial and sedative in nature.

13. #33 reefermadness11, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012
    [quote name='"Heosphoros"']

Actually, it takes significantly higher temperatures to destroy THC. Like those in combustion.

CBD doesn't refer to call cannabinoids, it just refers to cannabidol. THC is the most abundant cannabinoid in cannabis, and the second is cannabidol (CBD). They make up most of the cannabinoids found on the plant. There are quite a few others, but they are significantly smaller amounts, but nearly every single one of them is activated by a vape, without losing any THC or combusting. You also get all of the terpenes and terpenoids which take significant losses when combusted. While different from cannabinoids they still produce relaxing effects. There's a lot you miss with combustion, but not much with vaping. They do work at higher temperatures, but not high enough to destroy THC.

What's often overlooked is the fact that things other than cannabinoids found in plant matter may effect how you feel. Carcinogens and tar produced by burning plant matter, do effect how you feel. Also, there's significantly more carbon monoxide produced, this definitely effects how one feels, and can easily bring a light headed feeling to the high. This difference may turn some people off.

But if you vape your weed to a medium to dark brown, you'll get a well rounded high with those cannabinoids. What's left is very very few, and the effects are mostly non-beneficial and sedative in nature.[/quote]

QFT. Not to mention the fact that you can technically re-use already vaped weed. I haven't ever gotten to, but i have read that a good amount in an edible can send you flying. Not sure about smoking it, though I read a post on here from a guy that had good results after smoking a 2 gram blunt of already-vaped weed :smoke:

I'll be getting a vape here in a few months. Deciding between the Mflb and the vaporgenie. I have heard good things about both. Mflb seems better, but I like the $40 price tag on the vaporgenie. Makes sense to see if I like vapes. If I do, I could always sell the vaporgenie and put that towards a mflb.

14. Also true. You can vape at lower temps if you like to keep some of those cannabinoids in recipes or even make hash. No need to waste. Also, hash in a vape works well and lasts days and days. Not to mention many vapes residue makes a crazy potent hash considering what constitutes vapor.