Harbor Freight Greenhouse

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by ElRanchoDeluxe, Aug 31, 2021.

1. I meant to reply to this earlier. Have you been able to dial it in yet? I’m a lil confused about letting the RH hit 90%. If you want some help let me know.
    RD

• Like Like x 4
  2. At night when I lock up the greenhouse and the auto vent closes the humidity raises to the 90 percent range. I live between two streams and have 2 large ponds on the property so we almost always have seasonal high humidity here. I have not been able to dial it in yet. Thanks RD,I could use some help. I currently have 3 plants in a 6x6 greenhouse. 2-10 gallon pots and 1-15 gallon pot. Two of the plants are almost touching the 8' ceiling. I run a 16" oscillating fan 24/7 and when the temperature reaches around 80 degrees the window vent opens. I have been limiting my watering until only after the pots get very dry. Not sure what else I could do short of running my dehumidifier in there.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. CF38A582-15F0-4EA5-8358-F516FB19BCDC.jpeg D56ACA7F-1629-4A5A-BD5B-673CF16462EA.jpeg 2FF7F424-1139-4B4A-9433-5948D24AD708.jpeg
    Well I suppose slow and steady wins the race. Not looking forward to getting on top of this thing. Have enough panels for the roof and south wall. The lil 45 degree corner braces sure do tighten it up.
    RD

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Looking good RD. That's going to be nice with the those panels on the roof and south wall.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Thanks man. I’m not really sure how well it’s going to work with these two photos. I put the greenhouse in the darkest part of my yard. Neighbors back porch light still hits it. I’ve never done this outdoor suburban growing! Plants aren’t far into flower and I wonder if they will hermie. It’s going to be nice for all my veggie starts and some autos and peppers unless these plants do OK. I have some short season strains I’d like to try.
    RD
    FC297CB2-17F2-447C-AD72-27E72C33BB39.jpeg F7A59EC5-DCCA-40E3-ADDD-5B02664376A9.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  6. Those are nice healthy looking plants. Any way to use a shade cloth on the side your neighbors light would hit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Not a bad idea. I almost wonder if it’s delayed flowering already. I definitely have no interest in doing a full blown light dep. A friend of mine has plants that are a couple weeks ahead of mine as far as flowering goes. Next year is going to be awesome.
    RD

• Like Like x 2
  8. tar paper is your friend mate

• Like Like x 1
  9. 47116A8A-4D2C-4582-889E-EC441C19F71B.jpeg
    Since I never did post a pic of it finished. Handling the first snow really well with the polycarbonate panels. Ends up being a great place for my motorcycle over winter. Fungus gnats killed some seedlings on me so I moved the two plants inside. Good thing too since we lost power w this storm.
    RD

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  10. That turned out really nice RD. I think I may upgrade to those polycarbonate panels for my roof too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. You can see through them fyi. Supposed to get more wet heavy snow tonight so it should be a good test. The neoprene washer screws were like.43 cents each! I didn’t have to crawl on top of the roof. And it doesn’t look like a ridge cap is necessary.
    RD

• Like Like x 2
  12. dang already getting snow,i got a little relife from the 90's last couple days myself, hasnt rained yet but overcast is nice haahhah
    not sure if it was you saying porcupines are good for your garden,but the one i had didnt make it,sucker dug them claws into the top of a ceder tree and still up there, buzzards gotta work for that one,for those that think it was wrong, i opened the door to let the dog out and bam there it was,didnt even get in a hurry to get some were,when i turned to get that rifle it was gone then,so da break i found it in a tree and it still there

• Like Like x 3
  13. Sounds like you got a smart dog!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. quills are 8 inchs long,so ya he is a good boy hahahah,the cat just jumps up on a ledge when it came around, im use to finding snakes coiled up,but the porcupine threw me for a loop,i didnt know it was coming in back yard,thought it was a coon dumping my corn ,think i solved that issue too hahaah

• Like Like x 2
  15. I rescued a pit bull/boxer mix from a homeless guy about 10 yrs ago. He got into one and even convinced my trusty, very mountain/woods smart Lab to get in on the action. My Lab came hauling ass back to the truck w about a dozen quills in her snout. The damn pit bull mix just wouldn’t stop. Even after I killed it he kept at it. He had over a thousand quills in him. It was so bad I took him to the vet. Almost killed him. Those damn porcupines are tough, shotgun is always loaded with 00 buck or slugs nowadays.
    RD

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. i got 2.5 acres,i have a little 50 x 50 garden down the hill and a simple little container garden behind the house ,all fenced in ,i also feed my deer and every thing else in the woods and sky it seems, they know there boundries,when they come in the yard is out of that boundary and it just kills me to have to dispatch them but it is what it is.
    when i moved here decided it was time to give back and i no longer hunt,i created a safe zone for all,even my kids admire and respect that,but times you have to take measures hahaah besides that the thing is butt ass ugly,i have shot that thing with so many bb's from a pop gun more less,you'd think it would get the picture

• Like Like x 2
  17. I’ve never seen a porcupine move fast. They are turtles with quills.
    Up here we never hunt porcupines. It’s good to have a big population. The reason is that in a survival situation, they are easy to kill cause they move so slow. They are easy Pickens till they climb a tree. All you need is a stick/club to harvest one.
    Whenever I see one in a tree with leaves, my first thought is eagles nest….nope porcupine.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. it is pretty hard to make it out in the top of a cedar tree,we had wind gust up to 30 mph yesterday and it still didnt knock it out that tree

• Like Like x 3
  19. Once the leaves fall, they stick out like a sore thumb, and you can spot em a mile away.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 2
  20. Do they not make good pets? They are quite cute.

• Funny Funny x 2