Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

HappyFunBall's Portland Pick-up Thread

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by happyfunball, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Last Thursday I was wandering around Portland again looking for another new connect. The third stranger that I talked to said he'd be happy to set me up with his guy, but it would take about an hour. He invited me to wait with him and his friends who were all just hanging out on the sidewalk of a busy street in SE Portland. His girlfriend pulled out a glass spoon pipe and packed some bud and the eight of us just started toking up right there in broad daylight. Pedestrians were walking right in the middle of the marijuana smoke and coughing. The rotation came to me twice and they offered me a hit, but I turned it down because I was too scared of getting arrested for smoking weed in public.

After a while, I gave three of them a ride to the dealer who was at a nearby street corner. He was just sitting out in the open in public with a half-O of weed and a scale -- and he was really relaxed. He looked very clean-cut, prep-school-ish, nerdy, college-age. He weighed out a quarter for me (I confirmed it was 7.0 exactly when I got home) for $50 and sold 5 grams or so to the other three. Just really nice and laid-back. He said it was a mix of White Rhino and something else.

These photos didn't come out as good as the last one (you can read about my last pick-up here: [thread=1057271]Two pickups in Portland[/thread]), but you can still see some detail. As for smoke, it's got a very nice flavor and a strong body high. Less than a tenth of a gram to get me fully baked. I've made an alcohol tincture with 3 grams of it, now I'm just waiting for it to extract all the essential goodness. We'll see how that turns out.

Attached Files:

2. 7 grams for $50 is a damn good deal Portland rocks!

And i like how you went with the tincture! Should be nice!

What kind of alcohol did you use?

3. Yeah, I love it here. But if you think that's good, wait until the fall harvest comes around and they practically pay you to take the weed off their hands. :D

Pure grain alcohol (190 proof). Check out the new thread I started about [thread=1066135]my first alcohol tincture[/thread].

4. #4 happyfunball, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2012
    I picked up a half from the same guy for $100 (14.0 on the dot again). He said it was Bubba Kush. Unfortunately, I squished the nugs a bit on the way home. The first picture didn't come out very well, either. All of this is going into another alcohol tincture.

Attached Files:

5. Nice nugs! I love the variety here...I feel spoiled

6. Wandering around looking for connects, hahaha.
    I love Portland man

7. The guy I met in the first post called his other dealer and introduced me. I went to the dealer's friend's house. He was out of his normal Strawberry Cough ($170/oz), but he had some outdoor AK-47 for $130/oz. I picked up a quarter for $40 to try it out first (see photos below). His friend had just made a bunch of cannabis edibles: coconut oil, chocolates, etc. He asked if I wanted to be his first customer, so I bought $50 worth to try out.

Then they invited me to stay for a few hours and smoke. We smoked a big joint and then just talked and drank beer. Soon two more people got home and we all ate some edibles and smoked a bowl out of a spoon pipe. We laughed hard and had a lot of fun.

As for the edibles, so far I'm not impressed. Tastes great, but I had to eat quite a few to get high, so it looks like it may only be about 5-7 doses total for $50, so not a good value for me.

[​IMG]
    2012-07-16-pickup-04-macro by happyfunball1, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    2012-07-16-pickup-03-close by happyfunball1, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    2012-07-16-pickup-02-medium by happyfunball1, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    2012-07-16-pickup-01-wide by happyfunball1, on Flickr

8. I made two more pickups recently:

12 grams of some nice indica ($80)
    38 grams of some strawberry cough ($255)

[​IMG]
    aug 9 pickup A - wide by happyfunball1, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    aug 9 pickup - strawberry cough - wide by happyfunball1, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    ak47, strawberry cough, and one other by happyfunball1, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    aug 9 pickup - strawberry cough by happyfunball1, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    aug 9 pickup - strawberry cough closeup by happyfunball1, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    aug 9 pickup - other bud by happyfunball1, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    aug 9 pickup - other bud closeup by happyfunball1, on Flickr

9. Made three pickups recently. I added in some Strawberry Cough to compare all four together. From left to right, their names and the prices I paid:

• Strawberry Cough ($170/oz)
    • Sour Diesel ([thread=1136740]free[/thread])
    • G-13 ($175/oz)
    • AK-47 ($180/oz)

[​IMG]
    1 - Last four pickups compared by happyfunball1, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    8.5 - s.cough angle 2 closeup by happyfunball1, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    2012-11-16-pickup-bud by happyfunball1, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    2012-11-16-pickup-detail by happyfunball1, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    7.5 - s.diesel angle 2 closeup by happyfunball1, on Flickr

10. that AK looks fire, especially for only $180/ounce

I generally pick up similar quality stuff for similar prices up in WA, most of the bud I get is grown down in south oregon though

11. It does, doesn't it? I'm hope I can get a lot more where that came from!