Happy Memorial Weekend

Discussion in 'General' started by Dizzy, May 26, 2023.

1. I Just Wanna Say Happy Memorial Weekend An Day Too Any Veterans On GC An Every Veteran On America Too Or Other Places Ina War. Those That Give They Life For This Country An Other Sacrifices An Those Still Alive Too. I Hope They Know I Appreciate An Love An Respect What They Do For This Great Country An I Proud To Be In America Even Tho I Wasn't Born Here. Yall Got Support From This Jamaican American Momma. If I Didn't Have A Traumatic Brain Injury An Other Problems I Would Been Serving Along With Yall Most Likely But I Always Got Love For Every Military Branch In The U.S Tho Anyways.:love::inlove:;wub::thankyou::hello:

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I Would Like To Do A Roll Call To See Who All Veterans On Here Too Lbvs.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 2
  3. Me, my Good Son, my father, my Grandfather, Great Grandfather,,, and even further back,,, all served in the military,,, some in war zones, and some not,,, some drafted, some volunteered… All saw the military as a room, a bed, 3 meals a day, and a paycheck until something better came along… Some of the family were wounded, or killed, none of them talked about it much, none of them wanted their children in the military… Not many flag wavers in my family, but there were a lot of veterans…

Memorial Day was always just a long weekend of fishing…

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. I'm a vet. Did three years, 1974-1977, Navy.

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. Wow Cool. Congrats Joker! Much Respect To You Man FrFr!

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Happy memorial day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Wow Well You Humble At least But I Appreciate You An Your Family Servin.

Thanks Peaceful You Too My Friend!

~Toni~

• Like Like x 2
  8. The holiday is much more than car races and beer. I hope everyone has a safe and joyous weekend.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Happy Memorial Day!

One of our Memorial Day traditions is to visit the soldiers lot in a local cemetery. We place a penny on the head stone of every grave and pay our respects.

Like @dobro49 said, today represents so much more than car races and beer!

Hope all of you have a safe and wonderful holiday.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. That Isa Good Idea. Ya IK It About Much More Then Car Races An Beer That What I Made This Thread To Show Respects To All Soldiers :)

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Hope everyone had a good weekend with friends or family

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. I was kicked out of the army before basic training was completed.
    Paperwork issues.
    My fiance was in the peruvian air force.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. :)
    Yeah it’s tough I couldn’t ever do cardio well enough to consider jointing it . Sleep apnea , nasal issues one, deviated septum. Now my legs and knees and ankles are so bad forget about it . I’m definitely not too old to join .. :toke:
    hooray for vets like your family! :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Sorry To Hear That. Wow Tho Your Fiance Do Alotta Brave Tings Innit?

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. @SirInfi Wow She A Brain Surgeon Too? I Respect Brain Surgeons Alot BC They Save My Life. I Sorry She Get Ear Damage Tho. Is She Deaf? Have A Hearing Aide?

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  17. No, the hearing just isn't as acute.
    For example, I could hear birds from far away where she couldn't. But she can hear speech just fine.

• Informative Informative x 2