Happy Meal Ban: McDonald's Outsmarts San Francisco

Discussion in 'Politics' started by xmaspoo, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Again and again, I keep telling myself, just stay in the MJ grow section. I feel like the only adult in the room here.

People want to hate on McDonalds why? Because you have been told it's unhealthy, is that right. Just prove that McDonalds is unhealthy. Some of you, don't realize when you have played, not by McDonalds, but by a bunch wing-nut zealots who think we should all be eating nothing but soy beans.

I believe McDonalds beef is actually better monitored than the stuff you buy at the supermarket. Are you saying that McDonalds is not using beef in their patties? Well, I hate to ruin some of the urban legends floating out there about what's in a McDonalds patty, but it's 100% beef, and that is all it is folks.

2. Ronald?

3. #43 FireWork, Dec 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2011
    People may live longer today than they did back then, but I can assure you that's in spite of our chemically enhanced food, not because of it (Not saying that's what you were implying, just making sure). Their burgers may be a hundred percent beef, but the cows that meat came from were pumped full of additives and hormones and preservatives and shit. For example, this is the ingredients list on their chicken nuggets:

Chicken McNuggets®:
    White boneless chicken, water, food starch-modified, salt, seasoning (autolyzed yeast extract, salt, wheat starch, natural flavoring (botanical source), safflower oil,
    dextrose, citric acid, rosemary), sodium phosphates, seasoning (canola oil, mono- and diglycerides, extractives of rosemary). Battered and breaded with: water,
    enriched flour (bleached wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), yellow corn flour, food starch-modified, salt, leavening (baking
    soda, sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate, calcium lactate), spices, wheat starch, whey, corn starch. Prepared in
    vegetable oil (Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with TBHQ and citric acid added to preserve freshness). Dimethylpolysiloxane added as an
    antifoaming agent

Whenever I cook chicken at home, I never find myself reaching into my cupboard to pull out my box of anti-foaming agent...

Whats Really In A McDonalds Chicken Nugget? | The Healthy Boy <-- this link goes a teensy bit more into detail about what some of that shit actually is.

What I'm getting at is the food they're serving there, while yes it qualifies as food and will provide your body with nutrition, it is not good for you. In my opinion, the problem isn't just McDonalds. Or even fast food. Its the whole food culture in America. No one wants to know where their food came from. We barely want to recognize that what we're eating was once living. We like to distance ourselves from our food. This is what allows companies like McDonalds to use piss-poor, chemically-laden food and charge so fucking cheap for it. There's a reason it's so cheap. Because there's no quality.

Sorry for the bit of a divergence from the topic at hand. The average American's acceptance of chemicals in their food is pretty gnarsty to me. I just admire how countries like France interact with their food, as opposed to here. Not to say I'm for imposing regulations upon McDonalds. If someone wants to buy a burger from Micky D's, then it's their right to reach their sausage fingers into their wallet and spend their money one whatever the fuck they want.