Happy Meal Ban: McDonald's Outsmarts San Francisco

Discussion in 'Politics' started by xmaspoo, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Anyone who thinks our government should ban happy meals is a fucking nazi, just saying.

2. thats what im saying bro

fucking nazis always telling me i cant murder hookers.

if they didnt want to die, they wouldnt be tricking in the streets at 3 am.

3. Yeah go back to two bar trollin

4. Murdering hookers= having a happy meal. Liberal logic at its finest!

5. fast food is addicting. they don't need a toy to get the kids to come running

6. all mcdonalds has to do is put bite sized peices of pizza in there happy meals instead of french fries. that way our children will get the vegetables they need.

pizza, its a vegetable essentially.

7. But that's the government's job: to raise kids when their parents aren't doing it right. The state steps in to help out, sort of like a nanny. It's a great system!

8. you people keep missing the point!
    this is not the government's fault, that people have bird shit for brains.

you think the idiots that eat that unhealthy food, and feed that to their kids (then wonder why the kid's immune system is shit, the kid is weak) going to stop because Michelle said so? I feel bad for you.
    Fact of the matter is stupid people need to be wiped out, fuck em, if they think mac donalds is awesome food to eat, let them. If people were able to think for themselves the human race wouldnt be in the shit hole we dug our selves into now ( and keep digging a bit deeper, and just a bit deeper, and deeper....)

You shouldnt need other adults telling you what is or is not healthy when you are an adult, other wise you are useless to the human race in general and should be shipped off to a macdonalds island somewhere (like the states-one big macdonalds)

9. its not because people are stupid

its because mcdonalds has the money to market their food to people ever since their kids to make them think it's ok to eat unhealthy food.

they make fast food cheap so poor people have no choice but to eat there.

that is why the government must intervene because mcdonald's interest is profit not people's health.

10. Ha and you think Government has zero profit motive? :laughing:

No wonder we're in so much debt.

Also, Grocery Store much cheaper then eating out every day at fast food places. As a young person who is dirt poor I can attest to that fact. If people think differently, they're either lazy or stupid, and they deserve to eat disgusting fast food anyway.

11. :rolleyes:

From what I understand, poor people usually receive government aid, you know, these things called food stamps for example.

You take em to the grocery store, buy food for your family, that sort of thing.

Nobody forces anyone to eat at McDonalds last I checked, except for the individual's lack of self control.

12. #33 mandrin13, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2011

I know I should have kept reading.....but you do realize congress just spent valuable time making pizza a veggie right? So while this case might be bird shit brained people, I would still group the govt. into that category.

I for one support all of this. We should just ban happy meals, everyone is running around depressed, a happy meal only reminds us of what we have lost as a society. It is time to get with the times, let's introduce the "Morose meal"

13. So mc donalds advertises their product on tv, the kid sees it so now the parent is forced to go eat there?

And your right. Fast food is cheap (who woulda thunk it)

And yes, Mc donalds interests is profit motivated.

A private business motivations just so happens to be to make money.

You know I just thought of something.

Since it's the governments job to live my life for me and impose regulation (for my own good obviously) lets take it one step further.

I say we start up a state run and funded fast food chain. You know what scratch that. Lets make it a federally funded and operated fast food chain. It can serve dirt cheap health

14. food and we can run those damn evil businesses to the ground.

For some reason my ps3 has a limit on how much I can type hence the 2 posts.

15. McDonald's > U.S. Government

16. I like it :laughing:

We have to close down all the other fast food places first, then we can implement this.

The company will be 50 billion dollars in the red, their would be a huge overhead of food left to rot, 15 extra employees per store, the dollar menu would turn into the $5 menu, and what food was served would be cold and soggy.

But hey, at least the guy running the drive thru gets a pension :rolleyes:

Obesity epidemic, SOLVED!

17. If the food is unhealthy, then it should be closed. But, the food that McDonald's serves is actually ok quality food. It is better quality than what the majority of people around the world eat on a daily basis. A hamburger is a hamburger, which equals bread, meat, cheese, and condiments. Are you saying that people should not eat meat and should only eat vegan? I really don't understand what you consider "healthy" food.

Years ago, people ate 100% organic food, but people today live longer, why is that? I know there are a lot of factors of why people live longer today besides the food they eat, but today, thanks to all the things some people want to complain about, we have more food and it is affordable. Not everyone is able to afford, free-range chicken, and organic fruits and veggies, and shop at Whole Foods. Most people have to buy the reasonably priced food at the supermarket.

Should anyone eat McDonalds on a daily basis, hell no, but for a convenience food, you could do a lot worse. The food is moderately priced and is consistently of ok quality. I have never had an issue with anyone eating at McDonalds and getting ill.

18. You sure about that?