Happy Endings?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Crunchy Munchie, Sep 28, 2011.

1. I know most films have a happy ending where justice is served and the bad guys get caught and all that but I reckon it makes the film shit sometimes. No matter how bad times are it all magically turns around and everyone dances round and shit.. I mean, its nice to see that but why can't films have a more logical ending? And I know that its about trying to get the fictional world into your head and to live the fantasy its trying to create for the viewer, but fuck that, a good ending doesn't have to be a happy ending and a film shouldn't sell out its good storyline just to make the viewers happy afterwards.
    Rant over. :smoke:

2. Thats basic story telling... but there is LOTS of movies that dont have those types of endings... usually they leave you scratching your head...or angry ! haha.

3. Yeah but isn't that a good thing? The film has left you with an emotion that makes you think about the plot and how you might love one character or hate another. The happiness emotion is overused imo, and even though its nice to watch a film and feel happy after it, I just saw a film that did that and it just got to me :D Justice isn't always served and films need to be more gritty! I guess I just need to watch grittier films instead of moaning, but I'm not arsed. :rolleyes: