Happy day in my growing room.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by edwardvanhalen, Nov 27, 2016.

1. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Hey guys how is everyone doing today. Well I thought my baby was on the verge of death because of overwatering but as you could see she's all perked up now and happy. I thought I would take a picture of my little grow closet because of all the suggestions of getting an LED light or an HPS.
    I know it's not an ideal grow room but as cheap as it looks I actually get really good plants out of it. Ok peace guys and thanks for the help with all my grows.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. Now that I look at it and compare it to your guys' grow rooms I can see that it's about as ghetto as you can get lol.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hey bro, hope you're all good.
    I'm a CFL grower myself and I use very similar lights to you.

Is there a reason you're not using whites/blue lights?
    Also there's some crinkled leaves tha look like they have been a bit too hot. I use the same bulbs as you but I don't have them so close. I've angled mine so the they are on there side as this is where more lights comes from. I had mine hanging like yours last grow and I found it much more efficient to angle them. This way you don't need them so close either so you're at less risk of heat stress.
    I'd also put some reflective material in there, you can add up to 30% more light just by using reflective material.
    I like seeing ghetto grows, you don't need lots of money to get good smoke.
    Good luck bro.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Hey bra what's up. The reason y I'm not using blue and soft white bulbs is because blue is for veg and soft white is for flowering. I do have a really big blue one I might put in I'm not sure yet.
    The lights r a bit too close that's y I have a fan pointing directly towards the light.

I used to use mylar to get my room brighter but I never noticed the difference. That was 5 years ago though so I might get some mylar. They have it at Home Depot right and it's not expensive is it? Thanks for the reply bra

5. Is it an auto? I blast mine with so much blue for the first few weeks, apparently blue keeps node spacing shorter. If I were you I'd throw the bulb in there, maybe not now but when it gets a wee bigger. I like using a mix of spectrums from the start to mimic nature as much as possible.

I've found Mylar to work but "panda plastic is what I've used the past few times and I think it's much better. Honestly anything bright white really helps, even paint.

Hope you get some dank off her. :smiley-rolling-joint:

6. Do u guys like to lollipop ur plants. Like take the 4 bottom fan leafs off or does that hurt the plant?

7. Ya she's an auto assassin. I used blue for the first 3 weeks than I changed to soft white. I still have a big blue spectrum and I think after what u said about how u use mixed spectrums to mimic nature. That's good advice thanks.
    Do u really think getting reflective material will help a lot or not. Thanks again bra.

8. I wouldn't take any leaves off it just yet. I had good results on my last grow with light defoliation. I only did this after the budsites started to develop well just to give them more light.

When people say lolly popping they usually mean taking the bottom branches off at a young age. This is so you have less scraggly bud round the bottom of the plant and more energy goes into the rest of the plant.

I haven't done this to autos but I really wish I did on my previous grow, Northern Lights, because I had wasted energy on the lower thin branches.

I'm not sure weather to do that on my AKR because I know this strain is a lot less bushy in structure to the NL.

Waffled a bit here but I'm high haha

9. Yeah man it means that you get light hitting your plant from every angle. The more light the better, reflection dramatically decreases any dark patches in your environment/within plant.

I found this really helpful
    Reflection - Increase Yields Indoors with Reflective Walls | Grow Weed Easy

10. Ok I'm prolly gonna look into getting some because I have two plants growing in my closet and I only usually grow one at a time so I need as much light as I can get. Thanks for the link buddy.
    This strain is going to be very bushy so that's why I'm going to take some leafs off the bottom so she gets more light and doesn't waste energy on the bottom bud's that are really small. Thanks again bro.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Are you doing anything for ventilation?

12. I just have a little fan blowing on the lights to keep the temperature down and that's it. I don't have any types of filters. I just grow with what I have in the pics. I don't even use nutrients anymore.

13. Hey man I have a question for you. Does my plant look to bushy to start low stress training it? Also I think mold is growing on my other plant's roots. Can you take a look for me. Is this mold? Big problem.

• Like Like x 1
  14. The only problem I see is that it needs repotting. I would repot that as soon as you can. Other than that it's all good. Usually roots go browny/pinky/reddish when they are mouldy/rotting/unhealthy.

A plant can never be too bushy to lst. Just make sure you move leaves and stems so that more light can hit the bud sites and nodes where baby branches grow from.

15. Nice little plant! I'm cfl myself aswell. You have way more headroom than me though. Good luck fellow blade

16. Nothing wrong with a ghetto growroom

17. Any grow that produces bud is a good grow space !

• Like Like x 1