Happy Australia Day

Discussion in 'General' started by :::===={XX}, Jan 26, 2004.

1. g'day mate

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY

Attached Files:

2. yeah, happy Austrailia day, to my friends down under.......we celebrated Burns day yesterday, but i didn't feel like eating haggis yesterday, so i had fish instead........Peace out.......Sid

3. Burns day?

please explain?

4. It's just Monday here!

Happy Australia Day!!!!!!!

*edit* Ok, I'm high and had to come back and ramble. Australia is just a pretty word. Isn't it? It's a wonder people don't name their kids that. I dig it. I read something about Australia in one of my mags today...what was it? Oh yeah...they make didgeridoos out of hemp. I think that's cool! :)

5. Happy Austrilian day to all of our Aussie friends!!!!!!

Have a great day all!!

6. G'day to all our Aussie friends. And happy Australia day to ya! :D

7. (((hugs))) to all our australian buds!! :)

8. it's a day to celebrate the life of Scotland's most famous poet, "Robert Burns" or Rabbie Burns as he was commonly known, he lived approx arond the 16-1700's.....don't know exactly.

But in one of his poems, he talks about "haggis", which is a traditional Scottish food, made up of......................well i'll just leave that bit blank till you try it........lol.......it's a type of food that you will either love, or hate............i love it, and when you love it so much, you don't care what's in it.

So every year across the country, they have "Burns nights" which they get a lot of people who dress up all formal.........kilt's and bonnie prince charlie jackets etc etc, and have a massive meal, and what's on the menu........you guessed it.......haggis........but first they do a ceremony, called "addressing the Haggis".........where they recite from old Rabbie Burns poems, and the guys who can speak it well in the old tongue, are sought after and are paid VERY well.

The main tourist website www.visitscotland.com had recently revealed that most American's who visit Scotland, want to go "Haggis hunting", as they beleive it's a small animal, that's hunted......lol

This is probably our own fault, we get asked a lot what it is, and some started to make up stories..........and the one that seems to have stuck so much is that you play the bagpipes to get them to come out of a hole in the ground, and then you either shoot them, or club them.............lol

Peace out......Sid

9. Isn't haggis like a sheep's stomach er somethin like that? My grandma is Scottish, so I heard it from her but I forgot what it is. I remember it's pretty gross tho.....

10. lol....no comment.........Peace out......Sid

11. Mind you we are celibrating white mans arrival[approximatly 200 years].The abouriginials have been here for over 50,000 years.