Hanna pH tester few questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by lowryderrocks, Feb 11, 2009.

1. I bought a Hanna pH tester today, it was calibrated for 7 to 10 pH on the card that came with it, but I will have to re calibrate it to read 4 to 7.

so the solution they selling are a 7 pH solution and 4 pH solution, can I just use 7 pH and 4 pH water to calibrate them?

also it says to activate the electrode, use the storage solution and soak for 2 hours, it doesnt give any details about it, but in the manual it did say keep it moist with either the the storage solution or 7pH water, would soaking it in 7 pH water do the same? the local shop I got the meter from didnt have those solutions in stock.

thanks

2. Use the proper 4.01 and 7.01 solutions sold by Genhydro. Do not attempt at substitution.
    Store the probe using the 4.01 to keep the sponge wet.
    Since this is new I would soak the probe in 7.01 solution for 12-24hrs. THEN calibrate the unit. The probe sometimes dries out during shipping and will give false readings until moistened again.

3. thanks for the info, I soaked it last night in 7pH water, and its working bang on today :)

the first 2 week of veg werent going too well but since I sorted out the pH with the tester, it took off nicely, one of the girl been topped 10 times, the 2nd girl been topped 6 times I use a screen to pull the plants across so I get a lot more canopys to tops :) one more week I put them in to flower with bud blood, coco and molasses :)

thanks