Hanna 8314 PH/Conductivity/temp tester

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by The Growernator, Apr 30, 2011.

1. I just picked up a Hanna Instruments 8314 practically brand new in the box for 30 at a yard sale today.Hanna Instruments HI 8314 Portable pH/mV/Temperature Meter for Education The lady I bought it from said it was her husbands and she thought it was only for testing soil. From what I can gather online I think I can use it to test just about any solution. Have any of you blades ever used one of these?

2. thats only for testing water solutions... like a DWC/ runoff from a soil grow or the water you plan to use for watering... not soil

got a steal for the 30 bucks... average price is 200 bucks...

you need calibration solution.. and storage solution for that meter... make sure to keep the probe wet ... or your gonna have to purchase a new one...

3. Cool thanks for the reply. That's exactly what I was hoping this was. As far as the storage solution and calibration fluid goes I have some for my pen tester that was made by Hanna so I hope it will do. This thing has two probes one metal rod for temp and one that is partially filled with gel and has a cap and glass ball at the end. The one with the glass ball is the one I think I need to keep wet, but I think the person I got this from used it a few times and now it is dry. Also it looks like there could be a little bit more gel in the probe so maybe I will have to get another one. Will have to test it against my pen tester and see if it works.