Hanging mylar, is it ok to be a little loose? Closet grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by leodicapario, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Its a bitch hangin mylar alone, with a plant flowering and light and ducts and all in a closet... question is in the title... i can tack it up more if so, its dancing a little bit.

2. I don't see why it would be a problem as long as your getting reflection right?

• Like Like x 1
  3. right!? thank you.

4. im hangin the other half tomorrow its a nice size closet, but all the twists and turns wore me the fuck out, hung the biggest 2 sides tonight, one has a door, which stays open, and theres only about 18 in spot and a 30 inch spot i have to do tomorrow, it looks good.

5. If you have existing hard walls just paint them matt white. Almost as reflective as perfectly-laid mylar and probably better than badly-laid mylar.

6. they were white, but it looks alot brighter in there now, its not hung so poorly

7. Just remember if the mylar is crinkled then some of those photons, to the ridge of the crinkle, are going up. That can "look bright" but what you're wanting is diffused light so it gets bounced all around.

But if you're getting the mylar flat good for you.

8. its not really crinkled, kind of just loose in a spot or two that wave in the wind a little if that's too loose, i'd like to get someone to help me gosh but I don't trust nobody

• Like Like x 1
  9. You can get odourless pva glue or what I did was get normal pva glue and water it down 20% outline what you want it to hang then stick it on.
    Pva sets clear and within a day the smell is completely gone, within a few hours with fan on bro

10. In reguards to what Rhyseeee said don't use a glue other than PVA, I'm assuming they won't stick to the Mylar. PVA glue is supposed to breakdown plastics so it bonds better.
    If you go this route, you might want to put down some lines of painting tape where you would glue the sheet to the wall.
    I would still use some thumb tacks just encase the tape peeled off too.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app