Hanging Leaves: Unhealthy Plants?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by BKKG, Oct 10, 2007.

1. This past weekend had very high temperatures, and my box was stuck around 90 degrees both days, with very little that I could do about it. I shut off one of the lights, which helped, but there was still some upward curling of the leaves on both plants. The temps have dropped again since yesterday, and has been around 78 degrees, sometimes a little cooler. But my leaves seem to be drooping down a bit, and I'm terrified that something has gone wrong (I already lost two plants on this grow, and I really want these two to make it!) Here are pictures:

[​IMG]
    This is little Iggy from the top. From this angle, she looks ok. But...

[​IMG]
    This picture lets you see the downward angling of her leaves. I'm really nervous, so please, someone tell me if this looks normal or like a problem to be taken care of immediately!

[​IMG]
    This is my other plant, Honey. Her leaves are at a strange angle, but I don't think that it's anything to worry about. Of course, if I knew for sure, I wouldn't be here asking questions, would I?

[​IMG]
    This is a side view of Honey. Her leaves are hanging in the same way as Iggy's, kind of droopy. Is this something that I need to be concerned about?

So what do you think? Are my plants in dire straits, or are they doing just fine? Please, let me know what you think, I'm very nervous, and I really want these little plants to make it! My best guess is overwatering (the soil was very dry yesterday, and it drained into the soil very slowly, which made it harder for me to gauge how much I'd added), but since I don't know for sure, I thought I'd ask for the opinions of more knowledgable people here.

2. looks fine to me.. dont stress it. dont over water, let it get a lil bigger b4 u worry about droopin leafs ;)

3. Thanks mord... I needed some one to tell me to calm down. I try not to get upset, but I love my little plants.

4. i was the same way..

unless your hydro, this stuff moves pretty slow. just let her run ;) and dont smother it (too much attention, too much water etc etc)