Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hang overs from Dabs?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by As Above So Below, Oct 11, 2014.

1. #1 As Above So Below, Oct 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2014
    So I used to smoke every day, blunts, bongs, vapes, you name it. I've only had the pleasure of taking a few dab hits on the rare occasion. I fuckin' love them!

The only issue is the next day I still feel tired/high as fuck. For example, the very first time I took a dab it was around 6-7PM. I was high as fuck until around 10-11 and then I couldn't open my eyes any longer and just feel asleep eating Chinese food lol. I woke up the next day around 11-12 and I still felt incredibly tired. I wouldn't really say I was really high but I still felt groggy as fuck. I didn't feel sick or anything, just super tired, like I could just go back to bed and sleep the rest of the day.

I felt fine hours later, but is there anyway to avoid the next day "hang over"? The other few times I took some dabs the next day I felt the same way. I don't have a huge tolerance anymore, and this^^ happened when I was smoking everyday. 

I'm asking this because I got a new hook up for wax and while I love wax, I do have a full time job and can't even risk being tired the next day.

I have no problem with just waiting until Friday/Saturday night, but it just sucks. I don't see how people finish a gram or two of wax in a few days...

Any advice? Or am I just a light weight? I really only smoke to get high, like a few hits. I figured with the price I get it for and the potency, less is is more right?

2. Im guessing chinese food made you tired? I wasn't tired after dabbing and I was good to workout afterward.

Stoner Athlete
    Train Insane or Remain The Same.

3. Sounds like you could have been dehydrated man. Smoking wax + salty Chinese food + sleeping so long = most likely dehydrated. Just keep drinking water while toking and eating salty munchies. And before you knock out.
    That's what a hangover really is--dehydration.
    Stay hydrated yungin zippity bop

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. #4 enjoyandlive, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2014
    that happens to me, when I smoke a really nice indica. fall asleep like a baby within minutes, wonderful sleep, and then it's hard waking up and I'm like a bit out of it the next day.

my theory for this is you simply took in more thc than your body was previously used to taking in for a day and got the weed "hangover" and the concentrate was probly indica too. but by no means are weed hangovers really that bad, it just makes me feel a little disoriented.

next time maybe take a smaller dab. yanno it is like 90% THC :smoke:

5. Find your zone with dabs. You are gettin these hangovers i think because you are taking a bit too much. start even lower for now, totally different ballpark than smoking flowers

6. #6 As Above So Below, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2014
    Thanks for the replies. My hook up said it's been tested at 78%, which is a lot more than just regular bud.

I think enjoyandlive said it best. My body probably had way too much THC.

But now that I think about it, That's a long time to sleep without drinking water. And I usually drink around a gallon a day. That's just my usual amount. 

7. I've only dabbed wax and I get stoned for super long periods of time. Kinda sleepy stoned 5 hours later.

8. purge your shit yo, your brain is melting for real. and dont even smoke oil its horrible for you honestly

i mean i guess if youre using a bong or a rig its okay

9. yea to be honest smoking wax is completely garbage for your tolerance and lungs. It is made with butane, so you must be ingesting some butane in your lungs. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1413273997.352633.jpg

10. #10 rhammond96, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    There's actually a very simple solution to bring your morning grogginess after a night of excessive smoking or dabbing down.
    Option 1: Squeeze fresh lemon into coconut water and drink. In a link I'm about to post it'll explain what lemon juice does to bring down the excess amounts of THC in your body down. Coconut water is full of natural electrolytes and is a great way to rehydrate your body.
    Option 2: Drink lemon with regular water if you don't want/ can't afford to buy coconut water.
    HERE is "What to Do if You Get Too High" from High Times: What to Do if You Get Too High
    All the methods will work if you feel groggy from it the next day, the lemon juice I recommend the most, it's what I use.
    HERE is "8 Ways to Counteract a Too-Intense Cannabis High" from Leafly. This is for you guys that are trying dabs and feeling way too high and paranoid. You can also use the link above. Here's the Leafly link: 8 Ways to Counteract a Too-Intense Cannabis High

Also try using lemon pepper seasoning on your foods. Both lemon and pepper have terpenes responsible for bringing down your high and making you more clear headed. It's explained in one of the links above.

11. Do other "hookups" for drugs involve sketchy business, or just this dab dealer shit? The reason some things are federally illegal is because man could sell man anything and make him indulge. I DARE users to question their drugs and the scientific properties of medicinal output.

12. A large amount of hash oil is extracted with CO2 or Live Rosin is just using pressure and heat and just makes very pure oil...You are also probably getting some butane in your lungs if you just hit a pipe or bong with a regular lighter.