Hang dry questions.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SoloG97, Apr 15, 2017.

1. How many people leaves a little bit of moisture in there stems before placing into the jars to cure? My stems bend but do not break. The buds feel crispy on the outside though... they have been hanging fully trimmed for 2 n a half days... I feel if I didn't trim them they'd be taking longer...please help.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. If they're crispy on the outside they may be drying too quickly. You should increase the humidity or place into jars to equalize a little before continuing to dry.

3. I don't worry about the big stems being ready to break. I trim the buds from the main stems when they go in the jars. If they're crispy on the outside they're probably ready to be trimmed off the stem for jarring. The funny thing is once you put them in the jars they will become moist again even if they feel bone dry before.

Usually I have to dump my jars out into a paper bag the next day or 6-8 hours after first being put in the jars because a bunch of moisture deep in the bud comes to the surface once they're sealed up. I dump them out for a few hours into a paper bag it gets the moisture off the outside of the buds again then I'll jar them up. Sometimes the second day I have to put them in a paper bag a second time for an hour or so but generally once is enough and after that I just open the jars. I'll open them for over an hour a day the first few days. After 4-5 days to a week I'll cut that to 10 minutes or so. After the first week I'll only makes sure I shake and roll the jars opening them for a few seconds a day and getting fresh air in. After two + weeks you don't really need to open them much at all. Peak flavor is in 3-4 weeks.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mine usually take 4-5 days hanging before they're dry enough to jar. It must be warm were you are. Slower is generally better. That's the idea of the cure process. Slow down the final drying to burn up chlorophyll. If you dry it too quick you almost lock it in.

• Like Like x 1
  5. So ideally if they become moist again that means they haven't locked out completely??

Sent from my SM-G935P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. not dry @ 2.5 days

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk