Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

hands and fingers trembling/shaking

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by NuclearGuru, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Is there anything that is good to stop or at least reduce this?

2. lay down and relax

3. Thats actually a medical condition although i dont know the name of it a friend of mine suffers from that and he is currently a MM patient for that reason i believe.

4. You should try to find out the name and tell me so I can look it up. I didn't realize it was a medical condition. I thought it was just anxiety or something.

5. It could be Hand tremors. See this site for more information;

Hand tremors - Symptom Checker - check medical symptoms at RightDiagnosis

Personally I would consider Oil or edibles. :smoke:

6. It can also be brought on by stress or nervousness. Possibly slight nerve damage, and tingling or numbness?

How frequent does this happen?

Couldn't hurt to talk to a Dr.

7. If this is happening after toking, it could just be your blood sugar dropping. Eat something good for you- not junk food- about 15 minutes before you light up. Think about what you are eating! Most kids have lousy diets! :(

If you are having this happen all the time- go see a doctor! It may be serious! Cannabis has been shown to slow the tremor of Parkinson's and other neurological conditions. Click the "MMJ Studies" in my list and educate yourself a bit. :D

Granny :wave:

8. Trembling hands is usually an early sign of Parkinson's. I'm not a doctor, so I don't know what it is for sure, but yeah... go get that shit checked out.

Edit: Well shit.. looks like granny beat me to the punch :p

9. Used to happen to my when I first started toking. I used to shake pretty bad in my legs and arms. I think a lot of it was nervousness.

Is this in general, or just when smoking?

10. I was beat too it on the name. The shaking is that normal for you or only when blazing?
    Also are your hands shaking vigorously or just minimal shaking? Many people have shakey hands but what matters is how serious yours are. Shakey hands dont always mean you have a medical condition either.
    I also used too have shakey legs and shit when i first started smoking but no longer anymore.

11. It only seems to happen when I am doing things that involve fairly accurate movements or when dealing with small or fragile objects. I don't really notice it when I'm smoking weed but I always notice it when I'm smoking cigarettes.

12. i would go see a doctor based on what you just said.

13. Aha! You gave me the clue I needed! Happening during fine motor movements! It is likely just "essential tremor" (still. go see a doctor just to be absolutely sure it isn't Parkinson's). My brother (hitting 60 this year) developed ET a few years ago and totally freaked out. :eek: After I explained it, he was a lot calmer. It is something that happens to a lot of folks- me and my brother included! Here's the Wiki on it-

Essential tremor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If it is "Essential Tremor", it progresses SLOWLY- and mine isn't really bad- I just have to change the angle of my hands to get rid of it. Mine's just a nuisance, not a major problem. Of course, I toke a LOT of cannabis, so that may be helping. :smoke:

14. Yeah but your brother is 60. That is normal for old people. I'm only 19.

15. You are either getting it a bit earlier than most, or you may just be more observant. Usually folks begin to notice it in their 30s. ET is very common. It's normally just a minor inconvenience that you can learn to live with. For me, it seems to come and go- don't know why. (the right strain or enough cannabis?)

About my brother, he worried about it get worse and since he was a cabinet maker, using power tools, he freaked. When I explained that it affects FINE motor skills, but not gross, he settled back down. He lost his job about a year later, so it never became a big deal. He still can use power tools, no problem, but he might spill his morning coffee (or beer). :p

And again, go see the doctor and get it checked out! If it is "nothing" your mind is relieved. If it IS the first signs of something serious, you have caught it early!