Handmade Chillum I Made In Cernamic Class.

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by austyn12, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Hey guys i thought I would show you a clay pipe I made. This cernamic pipe took me 30 mins to make and is decent. This is my first try trying to make a pipe.

If anyone has a idea how to make the bowl for a bong please help me out . Im having trouble making the hole . It keeps falling apart and I try poke hole to other side but it keeps falling apart.

Im doing everything I can such as add some slip and keeping it moist but it still does the same thing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Ahah fuck forgot add pic

Attached Files:

3. Heres another picture of my clay chillum pipe

Attached Files:

4. #4 Old School Smoker, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
    The pic is too blurry. The edges look rough. and it's crooked, not smooth. Try making a smooth straight chillum on a pottery wheel.

Impress your fellow blades with a nice chillum. Pain that bitch red yellow and green and throw it in the kiln.
    Good luck!

5. Yeah im new to pottery this my first pipe,I havent used how use the wheel yet. Thanks for info ill keep that in mind when we learn that.

6. I made a bong out of a beer stien in 1978.

7. Why are you taking pics in the dark, on a toilet seat?

8. bro thats the best u could do? smh

in that case, add these to the top and u got yourself a good chillum

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410916029.674976.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. #9 Heroic Dose, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2014
    looks like a crooked clay dildo lmao

man this thread is great

10. No offense intended but, it looks like someone took a dump outside during the winter and snow fell and covered it and made the dump white looking. Just my opinion.

11. I would love to toke up from a pipe that looks like soft dough, then speak in an Italian accent.

I'd love to see your overall progress in the pottery allure; there is always good coming from artful minds and I can vaguely sense you've got some art to offer.

12. Looks like a piece of dog shit after it turns white

13. it looks..... good ._.

14. You can do better than that.

15. Haven't worked with clay since I was 8 but you should roll the clay around whatever you are poking the hole with.  Then it wont rip/break...I think.

16. #16 SkunkWoodz, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2014
    Get some clay spun on the wheel then taper it up, while it's spinning, insert a dowel to open up the hole.  Slice off the top then carve the bowl out with a knife.

Actually you should wait till it's a little dry to slice to top off then carve, just so it's not mushy and gets F'd up.  I can draw a picture if you need.

fuck it, you don't even need to spin clay, just put a glob on a dowel and roll it on a table, remove dowel, carve bowl.

17. Looks like bird shit, aha do a quick google of homemade smoking pieces I'm sure u could make something better

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Could you roll the clay around a stick then slide the stick out to get a nice smooth outside, you know roll it back and forth like a rolling pin, put lube on the stick so it'll come out.

19. Idk about this work of art. I take ceramics and its not that hard to roll clay and make it smooth and put a hole in it.