Hand Drawn Pencil Art

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by DeviousByNature, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Nice work.. If you're good with MS Paint, try ( GIMP ) It's awsome and it's free.. Makes MS look like finger painting in elementary school..

2. I'll check it out :) Here's probably the best drawing I've done on MS paint

[​IMG]

fucking hate Jeffree Star...what a douche. Interesting face though, fun to draw.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That one is clearly photoshop. But it makes me laugh every time I see it.

3. oh man! I love that Jeffree Star drawing. It looks very modern art, if you know what I mean.

4. Thanks :) It's one of my favourites

5. Got a bigger version of that? or more?

6. I assume your talking about my Bevis and Butthead drawing.. Yeah I spent like 3 hours drawing that while tripping, theres all kinds of hidden pictures, band names and other stuff hidden amongst it

7. id post stuff if i knew where dev hid it all:mad:

lol:p

8. Yes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. I cant say I do much pencil art anymore. mostly work in oil pastel. but heres something in colored pencil I never finished it was going to be the velveteen rabbit for my neices room. ive got a few car drawings. but they are mixed media, so I dont know how relavent it would be to the thread.

Attached Files:

10. #31 DeviousByNature, Sep 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2008
    Ok here's some more of my work. Had to doctor a few because of water damage but they are good to go. Had to star the nips on one to because of GC rules but the point is still made.. I'll be adding more still so check back on occassion.. I'll get around to posting my tatts later on to.. So busy with all the packing...Gawd,, 1,000 mile move uhg!!! and with fish..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is some of my older stuff mixed with some of my newer. You'll notice the newer from the older as I've gotten better at fingers and faces over the years as well as keeping my lines smoother..The bottom one is the one i had to fix up,, you can still see the damage in a few places.. But it's impossible to photo shop out the stains in the actual pencile sketches since pencil is a unique look that cant be duplicated..

11. hehehehe...stars

12. Dang, thats just plain impressive. If I had half the skill as you I would b an artist for shure.. make a sepperate thread for your tats dude. and moving fish has got to blow. haha

13. #34 Palmer Eldritch, Sep 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2008

don't get discouraged by the lack of contributions in the artists section. It just doesn't happen, there aren't many artists here.

I do a lot of pencil drawings, but that's mostly just in preparation for inking or engraving.

These are the last two large pencil drawings I've finished. They've all been posted here before, but the threads disappear quickly

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've got a lot of anatomical drawings too, some that have been posted here already. If you want to see, do a search. I don't need to spam your thread with my work...

and of course, while not pencil, this has been my most popular piece on GC cuz you kids can't get enough of hidden images in squiggly lines....

[​IMG]

14. I was fartin' around with the special effects in photobucket with one of my pictures and thought it was worth posting again.

[​IMG]

15. LOL@ the kidz,, I'm 30. But hey spam my thread away man. Thats what I made it for.. Post any pics you've done youd like to, I wont complain one bit. Maybe between you me and Floyde we can keep this thread alive and inspire others to add...

Nice work by the way..I've done some glass and crystal etches, mostly coffee tables. nice boarders and such.. Do you use rotary etching or do you sand blast..? Anyway.. I've got some full scene pics to if I can ever find them... But by all means keep em coming..

16. no no, not glass etching. Copper engraving using a burin.

either decorative like this:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

or printed like this. the scale is 4"x6"
    [​IMG]

17. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And my friend drew this one:
    [​IMG]

18. I scribbled this out last night nearly unconscious, drunk and baked. When I woke up this morning, I realized it wasn't that bad. Its based off of the sights I see every day at school.

The forest around the uni's campus has a ton of tree houses, hollowed out trees, debris shelters, alters and other human made structures made since the 70's that make the woods feel like its lived in. It emanates the sensation of being in some medieval folktale while walking through it, especially if you got some mushrooms... ;)

I'm going to expand on this idea and image later but here it is.

[​IMG]

19. I really like your style, its like sort of cartoonish but with immense detail.