hand carved stone pipe

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by toriko, Jul 7, 2012.

1. #1 toriko, Jul 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2012
    got bored and decided to try to carve a stone pipe. Cant test it for a while cause im broke. Anyone think it will work and any thoughts on improvements for the next one. Dont be too harsh im very new to smoking and this forum.

Attached Files:

2. Explain how you "make" a stone pipe.

3. carve a deeper, less wide bowl, and try to make the pipe as smooth and uniform as possible.

4. Ok carve a stone pipe.

5. thanks yeah its def shallow and wide. my next one will be better hopefully.

6. Where did you get the stone?

And what did you use to make the carb, and other holes like where you hit it from?

And how do you hollow out the bowl head?

So fucking sweet, I always wanted custom stone pipe.

7. i had a scrap piece of soapstone my next one ill buy a nice block of it. i used various size drill bits for the holes and chisel to carve out the bowl head and carve the shape of the pipe. i used a hacksaw to cut the rough shape of the pipe too. sandpaper to get everything smooth. it was a poor first attempt.

8. [quote name='"toriko"']

i had a scrap piece of soapstone my next one ill buy a nice block of it. i used various size drill bits for the holes and chisel to carve out the bowl head and carve the shape of the pipe. i used a hacksaw to cut the rough shape of the pipe too. sandpaper to get everything smooth. it was a poor first attempt.[/quote]

well mine would look like shit, stop downin yourself thats not easy my man :smoke:

9. considering it broke just a bit ago :mad: since i used just a scrap peice it wasnt very good quality and had small fractures thoughout it.

10. [quote name='"toriko"']

considering it broke just a bit ago :mad: since i used just a scrap peice it wasnt very good quality and had small fractures thoughout it.[/quote]

sucks to hear. post your next attempt

11. will do i just gotta find a place to buy quality blocks of soapstone.

12. Well shit. I'm impressed. I'm jealous of anyone who can carve.

13. I made my first outta soapstone too.
    Really easy to work with. Also really easy to add scroll work and words and stuff
    image-1024535644.jpg

14. nice! i just got a block of soapstone and alabaster today hopefully ill start a new one soon

15. well the soapstone i got is more like shitstone. well if this one doesnt come out good i have a block of alabaster to use and thats a little harder and looks nicer.

16. Practice is key

17. Ahhh, soapstone and alabaster...reminds me of The Shawshank Redemption except he was in jail, and we're all trying to stay out :smoke:

That is a cool pipe, and your next one will probably be better. I wonder how it hits. You'll have to tell us.

18. Never been stoned by using a stone pipe. What a concept :)!

19. well heres my work so far. decided to go with the spoon design. i got alot more work to go.

Attached Files:

20. Keep up the good work!:smoke: