Han-Bolo's DIY RDWC Indoor Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Han-Bolo, Jul 15, 2019.

1. 1.25in hole and it bulkheads in

Sent from my SM-G892A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. Advice on how to gently and safely clean the roots?

Sent from Space

3. Yes ,
    I haven't gotten to set up plants yet due to adding a portable AC unit to my grow room , I'm running 6 autos in soil in a 96 x 48 x80 at the moment in there and the ac unit took all my space for my bucket system .
    I've ran all my leak test with great success.
    I'm almost about to set up the bucket system in the garage and test temps and such . [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. I bought 2 120gph just incase but one on low pressure switch keeps the two buckets equalized perfect .
    The pump has a twist switch if I turn it all the way up the first bucket in the rotation fills higher than the second so on low works great .

• Like Like x 1
  5. Those baskets , are they high in the middle?
    I like that ,

6. Yes, slightly, and they are a little different shape on the lower part. They are the rhizocore 6in net pots from HTG supply.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Low pressure sink spray nozzle might help. As long as your not using a pressure washer I think you will be ok.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 3
  8. In good news - when I left this morning ph was 6.8.

When I got home tonight almost 12 hours, ph was still 6.8 which is awesome news!

I bought some new proper ph down and it's sitting at 6.0 now so I will leave it overnight and see how it is tomorrow :)

Sent from Space

• Like Like x 1
  9. I think I'm going to go the mesh screen female fitting route to protect the plumbing. However, that still leaves the potential issue with the roots picking up the air stone as they grow. If I was to silicone the bottom of the air stone to the bucket would I be ok?

10. Air stones get tossed after a couple grows, I wouldnt glue it down

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yea man I am running into the same problem as well. Temps are 75°. I haven't installed my inline fan yet though. Will be on my doorstep Friday. That will take a lot of heat and humidity out of the tent. I will put the exhaust out the window.

12. How you doing over here dude? @Han-Bolo

Sent from Space

13. Doing great I'm on vacation so everything's on a momentary pause ! As soon as I get back I'll be starting it up. Trying to get my hands on a local land race to use as the other 3 plants to grow. Still just have the 3 dark devil seeds.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Awesome dude, enjoy your holiday and thanks for taking the time to reply to my journal!

Sent from Space

• Like Like x 1
  15. What are you thinking for the land race? Or just whatever you can get will make the decision for you haha

Sent from Space

16. Stay tuned

• Like Like x 1
  17. @Han-Bolo
    Those blue Lowes bucket are see through.
    Hold one up to the light and you can see light shining through.
    Get some of that aluminum metal tape and cover em'.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I'm thinking about using some extra mylar I have laying around. Should help keep the temps down inside the bucket too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Gotta do something or you will get the root rot as I have, and you don't want that shit.