Hammock as a full-time bed...anyone?

Discussion in 'General' started by WookiesDoItBest, Aug 28, 2012.

1. So, have you banged any girls in that hammock yet?

2. ^

The actual question on everybody's mind

3. Hahaha....no.

Actually, I ended up breaking it off with the girlfriend before she even came over to see it. I'm a bit asocial in the real world though, so it really hasn't been much of a priority for me. I've got too much other shit I want to do, rather than waste my time getting into someone's pants.

4. LOL
    so the next question is how many times did you fall of the hammock?

5. omg that is is like the ultimate weed smoking bed :)

6. i want that bed.

7. Never.
    Hammocks are inherently stable, until you go and add spreader bars (the big wooden bars you see on the stereotypical backyard hammock that spread it out flat). Spreader bars were an "improvement" added to hammocks by stupid Europeans who first encountered hammocks in use by the natives of Central and South America. Mayan, Brazilian or Nicaraguan style hammocks (mine is Mayan), do not have spreader bars, are very stable, and can actually be a little difficult to get out of, due to their tendency to keep you in. They hold you in, sort of like a glove. I couldn't fall out of it without trying insanely hard.

8. I used to sleep primarily in a hammock for a few months, and in the morning I liked to flip out on to a beanie chair bag thing, and I found this required about 5 minutes of concentrated effort. This had no spreader bars.

9. Interesting i didnt realize there were different ones. I fell off of one that was made out of bamboo. It was nice to sleep on but then when i woke up i was wobble and i fell :( then the stupid thing swung back and hit me on the head - sigh

the time before that i was resting on a rope hammock and when i tried sitting on it -very tentatively - i tipped backwards and landed on my back

i guess i have bad luck with them... maybe its a sign for me :D

10. I used to, until it fell off the wall on one side and I landed on the floor back-of-my-head-first. Damn, I forgot about that.... that sucked.