Hamburger pockets

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by Louwhosophat, Apr 28, 2021.

1. So I live in North Carolina and we like chili and coleslaw on our hamburgers but it can be quite messy. I want to create a special type of bun to keep all that stuff from falling out as you're eating it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Shouldn't the wrapper keep all the ingredients from falling out? It sounds easier to work on the way it's wrapped rather than making a special bun.

3. Like a pita bread with the pocket.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. How about making a large bun and hollowing it out?

5. The only thing I'm thinking is somehow creating a bun that you could seal once you were done putting the burger together. That or take some rice paper and wrap all the ingredients in it lol

6. Make your burger patty. Chop it up into relitively large chunks. Take a flour tortilla (like burrito size). Put all your ingredients in and wrap it up like a burrito. Problem solved. "crisping" the burrito after you make it (just toss it on the grill, each side for maybe a minute or so) will make it next-level and help melt your cheese and bring everything together.

7. that had crossed my mind the burrito part but putting on the grill really does sound next level thanks

• Like Like x 1
  8. Except with a tortilla it will no longer be a hamburger regardless of how good it may be.

9. A hotdog is a sandwich. Prove me wrong.

10. A hamburger is also a sandwich but a hot dog isn't a hamburger. This stuff is complicated.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Complicated doesnt even begin to describe it.

12. Get in my belly!

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. what does fat bastard say? Something like, "ya take your mojo, I'll take ya baby" I saw that movie on last weekend and that part really made me laugh

• Funny Funny x 1