Hambonemcgee's 2nd Grow,CFL,stealth cab,auto White Russian

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by hambonemcgee, Oct 17, 2009.

1. I do have a question, I have about 17 days to go, after flushing, there are probably zero nutes in the soil. do I want to think about feeding her one last time? Or should I just let her ride on just water for the remainder of the time? Or, should I perhaps give her a light molasses feeding after she dries out?

2. I have 278 watts, I think it's good, but I do find myself longing for a 250w hps instead, I think the wattage being almost equal, the hps would produce much more yield. But I don't want to spend the cash, and with my current living environment, I never know how long I will be able to grow, so I don't want to invest too much money.

3. Hey Hambonemcgee... still no need to panic. You are doing what I did last grow ;). Yeah I think give the girl a nute feed. You only need to straight PH water for 2 weeks. I don't know how often you have to feed your girl. But at least 1 more nute feed... followed by straight water... followed by nute feed (if there is time). It's down to you to work out how long she has to go. I would assume 70days from popping ground is about right. Also re the strange spots... you found your PH problem... so that should help. And again... try not to stress too much about discolouration. It always happens right at the end of the grow if it's going to happen. You'll be trimming a lot of those off when you give the buds a haircut anyway.

Re the 250w HPS... They generate a lot of heat (I have one and a 400HPS). You can easily damage the property you live in with them. CFLs are v safe but you obviously can't grow as many plants. You seem to be getting v good results. So the choice is yours. I've moved off onto trialing out high powered LED lights.. purely and simply... I'm fed up with the heat and the issues HPS brings. But HPS definitely produces sexy buds. However... your CFL grown is really not that much different to some of the HPS ones I've seen grown. You've done a good job. CFLs and autoflowers work very well together. Ed Rosenthal even recommends CFLs as the ideal way to grow autoflowers... so bear that in mind ;).

4. Man that is one sexy little beyotch! Can't wait to hear a smoke report and I'm tempted to give that strain a try. While I was in Amsterdam this year making the coffeshop crawl, the WW was def one of the stronger weeds we tried there, no surprise it's one of the more popular strains to grow & cross.

I'm with flippa, I usually give mine water for the last week or 10 days or so (a little more with soil). Not only does it flush out chemical taste and all that, but the plant thinks it's dying so the buds get more potent and finish up the way they should. Man I get excited just thinking about it!

I know some people finish with molasses to sweeten it up but I've never tried it. I have a curse with mites so it's always been too much of a risk for me.

5. Hey AskEd... I am also growing White Moscow... it's a really beautiful looking plant.. HIGHly recommended :D.

6. Thanks guys, I will wait til she dries out, then give her one more feeding, and I am going to set the ph a bit higher than I did last feeding.

7. If it's any help to you. I normally ph my water to around 6.5-6.7. I use biobizz Allmix which buffers to 6.8. I always believed that 6.5 is the best soil ph for most accessible nutes. But everyone has a different opinion on this. You on the home straight... other than someone stealing your plant or your lights breaking... you're gonna pull some damn fine bud!

8. Man, my screw up has really fucked up the foliage. I gave her a light feeding, and I adjusted the ph to 6.5 or so. The runoff was 6 or slightly higher, so still okay. I realize that by the time you see damage to the leaves, it's too late for most of them, the damage gets worse before it gets better. Hopefully she can weather the next 16 days or so. I am not going to feed her anymore. Pics later, when the light is on. You can see some messed up leaves, and some pretty happy buds.

9. Hey *quick thread hijack*

Flippa I'm using Biobuzz allmix (are you in the UK?)

Plants love it but I didn't realise it buffers.

I let my ph move between 5.9 (my sativa likes a low pH) up to about 6.5 with 6.3-4 being the most regular.

How do you get on with the BioBuzz?

Also if you are UK ways what ferts do you use?

Check out my grow in my sig for more info

*back to this thread*

I think you'll be fine, and it's only your second grow you're still learning (as are we all I bet) I bet she still give you something lovely to smoke!

J

10. #90 flippa, Nov 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2009
    Hi Jonjo... without dwelling on this too much (cos it is a thread hijack! ;)).. Biobizz tries to buffer to 6.8. I tend to feed 6.5-6.7. Yep plants do like it. I've used Biobizz last couple of grows and it's great. Minus the bloody fungus gnats I could swear come in the soil! I use Biobizz grow, bloom, topmax, organic blackstrap mollasses, superthrive. But not all at once obviously... I have my own schedule I stick to and I tend to just read the foliage to decide when and what to feed. The foliage is a big indicator. I like to try to keep fertilising to every other watering but since i grow in small pots I sometimes up this to a couple in a row or so (warning: I do not recommend this unless you know what you are doing... safer to do every other). I think you'll find those fertilisers are available at any good hydroponics shop in uk ;). You can see my experimental grow in my sig. I'm using all those ingredients there.

@Hambo - The foliage never recovers. So don't expect for it to suddenly go lush again! The best you can hope is to slow down/halt the problem. And anyway... leaves will drop off as you enter final 2 week window. try not to panic. Weeds are pretty resilient. You're unlikely to fail at this late stage. You're probably just going to panic all the way to the end ;). Just smoke some more doobie and keep calm! You've done pretty much all you can do :D

Cheers!

11. Alright, I finally fixed my computer problems enough to upload some photos of my recent problems. I trimmed off all the dying foliage you see in the pictures, so now all that is left is reasonably healthy foliage. The buds are still looking good, not damaged as of yet.

Attached Files:

12. Bone,

don't worry so much, you've got lovely buds, you gave a big healthy plant a little OD it'll be ok especially so close to harvest. Just water her and she'll be fine!

13. wise words jonjo... that's what I was telling him. on the homestraight. Hambo is gonna be one happy fucking chappy very bloody soon. :D

14. I know I worry like an expectant father. I actually was looking closely at the buds today, and they are really starting to frost up. If I had to chop it today, it would probably be good, so in 2 weeks, she's going to be killer, snow-encrusted sugar cones. Strangely, she's not really super stinky anymore, I can still smell it, but it's not super strong. But if I brush up on a bud, I certainly can.

15. #95 hambonemcgee, Nov 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2009
    Okay, I have taken a few photos to show her progress. The foliage is yellowing, and I am trimming off the leaves as they die to expose inner growth to the light. Buds look real good, some of the sugar leaves have yellowed some, but not to the point where they would still be on the bud when I trim them. I checked the trichomes today, and I would say they are 10/95/5, clear/cloudy/amber. So definitely getting closer. 70 days is what the instructions for this strain say as the harvest time, but I definitely could see her coming down in a week, which would be about a week early. I will give her 48 hours of dark just prior to harvest, it is supposed to maximize the sticky frosties.

Attached Files:

16. She's looking great bone.

Nice big sticky colas, don't rush to harvest her she'll be worth the wait!

J

17. Yeah man... don't rush if you can afford to wait. If you're desperate... take a bud off and dry it early... and leave the rest to mature. G'luck :D

18. I actually did take a little bud off the bottom, and quick dried it. I was disappointed, waste of a nice little nug. I am just going to wait it out like I should, and try to be patient.

19. the girl looks fantastic :)