Hamas and Fatah (PLO) deny the Holocaust

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Zylark, Mar 2, 2011.

1. #1 Zylark, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2011
    ...and won't have it taught by UN run schools on the West Bank and Gaza. Supposedly learning of the genocide against primarily jews during WW2, is against their culture and values.

Not surprising considering the anti-semitic propaganda pouring out of islamic media, including Palestinian Authority TV broadcast. But what baffles me, is why these theocratic nazis want to deny the holocaust to begin with. Its not like they are against a genocide of the jews, and it is not like Hitler is a despised figure in islamic circles. Mein Kampf is still a best-seller throughout the arab middle east. A popular slogan at anti-israel muslim demonstrations (even here in Norway) is "Jews to the gas". So it is not like they are unaware of the holocaust.

So why, officially at least, deny it?!

Excerpts from the Jerusalem Post:

Even more baffling is that most leftist and liberals actually have sympathy for these islamic nazis. If some westerner had presented similar views, advocating removing the holocaust from the history curriculum in say germany or france, the same leftist and liberals would cry nazi and fascist from the top of their lungs. But when the representatives of palestinian self-rule present such views, you can only hear the crickets chirping away...

2. clearly, epic douche-baggery is not a symptom of any single facet of humanity, more of a condition of the whole...only the details change.

3. just thought i'd get the debate started for 'em

4. #4 AHuman, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2011
    I think it's quite clear that they are doing this purely as an anti-Israeli/anti-Jewish measure due to their continuing cultural war with Israel... if the state of Israel hadn't been established after the Holocaust, do you think they'd be denying the Holocaust? It's a reactionary move, a stupid and insulting reactionary move but nether-the-less it very likely doesn't run any deeper than that... you ask the average Arab family if the Holocaust occured and I'd imagine they'd say yes, you ask the average Arab family if Hitler was an evil man and I'd imagine they'd say yes. To act as though it's not this way and that these views are representative of a serious, widespread intellectual acceptance of Holocaust denial/nazism among the general populus of Islamic people/Arabs (funny how the Balinese Muslims aren't Holocaust denying nazis, iddn't it?) is quite plainly, to me, stirring sensationalist hysteria and anti-Islamic sentiment...

5. There is a reason there's only a Holocaust museum in DC and not one devoted to Stalin or Mao or Pol Pot or Enver, etc. When I was raised the Holocaust was used to explain how Israel re-formed as a Jewish state.

Teaching of Hitler's genocide definitely wouldn't help the agenda of, "Pushing the Jews into the sea".

6. #6 dudedude4, Mar 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2011
    If you are right, then I agree with you there. However, it seems apparent that at least in Palestine and the surrounding Arab nations, denying the holocaust is more of a manifestation of their anti-Semitism, than learned-anti-Semitism based on Israel's 100% legal founding. If the Palestinian leadership cared about the history of its own people, they should know that it was Arab Legion aggression which invaded Israel the day it was founded with intent of destroying every single Jew and his livelihood, that created the Palestinian refugee problem in the first place, not to mention displace even MORE Jews than Palestinians who were displaced. Effectively, the Arab legion, out of their aggression and their choice to have no Israel rather than both Israel and Palestine, created the conundrum of the Palestinian struggle then and there: while Israel assimilated the million Jews of all colors and sects in 1948, the Arab legion set up refugee camps that remain in terrible conditions to this day, when they could have assimiliated the Palestinian refugees that they themselves created, who have the same language, heritage, culture, religion, and tradition as them. So now to say that they deny the holocaust because Israel's creation was so catastrophic for them, is ignorant not only for its sheer insensitivity as you mentioned, but also it is culturally, historically, and willfully ignorant of who is really responsible for the fact that there was no Palestinian state created next to Israel in 1948: The Arab Legion.

This is all beside the fact that Israel was more or less already a state, infrastructure-wise, by the time the Holocaust was even in full swing, thus lending more credibility to the fact that the Arab Legion's hatred of Jews resulted in the Palestinian refugee problem than the Holocaust. Again, they wouldn't be in this mess if the Arab League had chosen to accept the UN partition. They already got 70% of the Palestinian mandate in the form of Jordan in 1946, anyway, they literally had no reason not to accept it besides their logic that having no Jewish state is worth displacing 800,000 Palestinians. They lost their own war of aggression, and created a living hell for Palestinians. Their holocaust denial, in the (as i explained) faulty context of their denial being a result of the creation of Israel, is effectively then also a denial of their own history and their own leaders' idiotic, bloodthirsty, bigoted actions, along with their vows to finish what Hitler started, that thankfully exploded in their face. Sadly, they took their own kind, the Palestinian Arabs, down with them, and as we can see the Palestinians would rather claim the Holocaust is a lie, than accept the fact of what happened in 1948 at the hands of their own leaders.

7. what can i say, its bullshit. I wish we lived in a world where color, religion, ethnicity, or heritage didn't matter.

Also, it's important not to assume that the hamas a representative of all palestinians. I would assume most of them wouldn't deny the holocaust

8. totally agree about the colors and ethnicity etc. not mattering... but it's not just hamas, as the OP says, it's also Fatah and the PLO in general. Combined these groups control Palestinian state media, are occasionally actually elected, and generally reflect the will of their people when it comes to Jew-hate. But as for an individual, personal level, I really really hope you're right that Palestinians would be a little less bigoted than that.

9. I can never understand why people do this. Maybe it's like their version of Creationism, except instead of hating on scientists they hate on Jews.

10. move along, there is nothing to see here. pay no attention to the genocide happening in your midst. unless you see a relative, then get in line. :devious: