1. I have an 18mm bowl that from time to time gets stuck in my ash catcher. Being the lazy individual I am, I haven't put Chapstick or anything like that on it to prevent it. Anyways, some girl jammed my bowl into the ash catcher and its way in there. I tried heating up the glass around it in hopes that it would come out but it's still stuck. Any ideas as to how I could get it out?

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 snoopdog6502, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
    Heat one side real warm very quickly and it will come off.

3. Hold the ashcatcher firmly with light pressure and push the bowl from side to side with a small amount of force being careful not to grip the ashcatcher too hard. Do that a couple of times and then twist while pulling up. This works for my 18mm bowl when it gets stuck.

4. Wiggle it. Sounds simple but most people think to twist and pull. The wiggle is the trick. Scientifically.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Don't TUG on glass. Try and TURN it loose. Try heating it. You could always try some type of lubricant like oil and rinse your piece off after. :bongin:

6. Torch and twist than pull :)

7. #7 wumboshouse, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
    You want to use cold water, not heat. Heat will make glass expand, and by using logic, that won't help very much. Get some tupperware or whatever to hold some ice water in, throw the a/c + slide in the container, put container in freezer for about 8-10 minutes, take it out, TWIST AND PULL.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum