Halogen?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MagikWand, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Would 2 250 watt - Halogen lights work for growing?

2. NO!!! they get way to hot and it is the wrong light spectrum, use either CFL's or HID "metal halide or high pressure sodium"

3. short answer, no. crap spectrum, crap efficiancy (lumens : heat ratio)
    whilst 2x250 watters might sound impressive, plants will be lackluster.
    just head into nearest hardware store and pick up a few CFL's. they are cheap, great spectrum and higher efficiancy. just remember to get em close to your plants to limit the stretch.

good luck mate

4. also you can go to home depot or lowes and by 150w or 175 w high pressure sodium security light and turn into a grow light, they also have metal halides and they only run about $100-150, i mean you can use cfl's too, but for a better yield, for like 2-3 plants, i like the hps or the mh for tighter bigger yields you can easly double your yield and 150w will not raise any flags at all might make your bill go $2-3 a month good luck.just have good ventilation

5. dude if you're willing to spend 100-150 at home depot, save it and buy a real grow light. they can be had for roughly $100. try htgsupply.com

6. also you can go to home depot or lowes and by 150w or 175 w high pressure sodium security light and turn into a grow light, they also have metal halides and they only run about $100-150, i mean you can use cfl's too, but for a better yield, for like 2-3 plants, i like the hps or the mh for tighter bigger yields you can easly double your yield and 150w will not raise any flags at all might make your bill go $2-3 a month good luck.just have good ventilation

7. Thanks and sorry it took so long to reply. I have since this thread bought a MH and I need to buy a ballast so far. my grow is going alright but I know ill need more watts soon so ill need that ballast soon :) Im also using long fluoros right now. they seem to be working great!