Halo series

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Dizzy, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Any fans in here of these games? I like them really much tbh. Well the first 3 anyways I think they should have left it at that because it was a great cliff hanger type of deal if you know what I mean. Me an my hubby are going to play through these 3 games starting tonight lol. Anywho I hope this thread gets some replies...also you can talk about any ting else to do with it like Halo Wars & stuff too if you want.

~Toni~

2. I have a huge past with halo, as some members here know.

Loved halo since the first. Got into competition for H2, worked with some semi’s (lol) and did some video editing in/for the community. 3 was fun for some time, I edited one of the first hosted montages on one of the biggest boards at the time where I still have like ~8k posts, but it was nothing like my history with 2. After 3 I never had much of an interest until MCC dropped.

I will, however, be checking out the new one if it seems to be worth my time.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Did you ever play the 4th one?

My experience with the title is, I played the first one like 5-6 years after it came out. Pretty sure I finished it.
    Maybe had I not been quite so late to the party I'd have been more impressed.
    It was a fun, competent sci-fi shooter...didn't really see it as all that revolutionary tbh...though like I said I did pretty much miss the boat.

I had a look at the second one, which had also been out for a fair while, on a friends XBOX. I thought it looked slightly better graphically but I don't know, didn't love the first one that much so when I played this...it just looked a bit samey to me.

At one point I had a look at a HALO game called "O.D.S.T", that looked fun, and well made. I think I said I'd go back and give it a try one day.

The one I did play though, was Halo 4.
    I usually have a phobia of sequels when I haven't played the entire series, but I'd heard they kind of "tied it off" and that this was to be considered some kind of almost-relaunch by a different team.
    So figured it would be ok if I jumped on board...had the 360 chipped or whatever so I actually played it maybe a couple weeks after it released.
    I liked it quite a lot. The setting, the atmosphere, the effects, the combat...and a good sense of gravity in terms of just what you were facing.
    The guns were slightly different to those in the games I'd seen prior, the enemies were some familiar, some new and quite interesting.
    The various scenarios were great, I remember one planet in particular...you felt very isolated.
    I liked the dramas between your character/team and their "military leaders".
    The voice acting was superb. Good level of challenge.
    Fun through and through and a really well made sci-fi shooter that I'd play again.

I'd recommend following on to Halo 4, Dizzandra.
    It doesn't take away from the series at all...and kind of works in a not-too-obnixious way as a new point/continuation.

I think *MY* unfortunate thing with it is...it seemed like it was going to continue after Halo 4...and 5 was apparently (see I haven't bothered due to this) barely even about MC, and when it was it was minimal.
    I won't spoil...I'll just say there was one very big cliffhanger involving one of the long-standing characters...and I'm not sure, but I believe they left this up in the air.
    Not sure where, or even IF the series is going from here.
    Wouldn't mind seeing what they could do with current gen technology.

• Winner Winner x 1

4. Yea see IK what you talking about Dreaming lol I played through 4 & 5 with my husband. They were ok but just wasn't feeling them as much as the original trilogy. :)

~Toni~

5. I still lmao at this.

ididnt-choose-the-flood-life-the-flood-life-chose-me-4469430.png

~Toni~

6. @Dizzy

How far are you on your playthrough?

• Winner Winner x 1

7. We on level 4 The Silent Cartographer...we going to play some more tonight as well. :)

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Omg! Do the warthog jump!

• Winner Winner x 1

9. Lmao I will try. I remember once when me an my hubby were high we spent ours just messing with eachother in the Warthogs in this level.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  10. I was really getting into halo 5 multiplayer till they banned me for 2 weeks, really annoyed me.

11. Banned for what?

12. He had to show it, to the Laker girls.

13. Man I have not played Halo in forever I'd definitely like to try out the new one

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. When I posted on the forums they said it was cos I was playing with someone who had been intentionally deranking. So basically lowering their rank on purpose to play with lower ranks. Safe to say I haven't played since.

15. Haven’t played Halo for ages, but 1 and Reach were always my faves.

Also, Halo has possibly my scariest moment for a non-horror game - the bit where you release the flood and your mission objective simply says “Escape!”

• Agree Agree x 1

16. Yea I was freaking out when that happen...like wth is going on OMG they scary!!:eek::eek2:

~Toni~

17. The show down with Tartarus in Halo 2 will always be one of my favorite parts in the whole series ngl. He was awesome with that Gravity Hammer of his. Anyways I just wanted to share this cool pic I found of him on google lol its sick.

f86047a548d9bb23a0cc0f8430a600d8.jpg

~Toni~

18. I hear Halo 3 is coming to the Master Chief Collection on PC.