Halo 5: Guardians Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by TheSingularity, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Lol. It makes plenty of sense.

They're very similar games.

You don't think it's strange that a regular military person doesn't aim out when you shoot them, but a soldier in advance supersuit does?

Now you're trying to compare game mechanics to realistic (in fantasy) expectations. You're going further down the rabbit hole.

3. #23 TheSingularity, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2015

This was worded confusing me, could you rephrase that?

Amuse me.

Aren't these types of first person shooter video games meant to replicate a realistic universe? I suppose the physics could be different from that of our own, but based upon what I know of our world it seems strange to me. you sound frustrated

I don't believe that the soldiers in previous Halo games zoomed out when hit, but I could be wrong. If they didn't then it doesn't make sense to change in this game.

4. #24 Vicious, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2015

I think you're overlooking that these are games. The people that make them know this. Worrying about realism was never the issue. The only thing CoD and Halo have in common are they're Aracde FPS. They are far from realistic and never had the intention of being so. It's not about "soldiers aiming out" as it is about balancing gameplay.

I'm not frustrated, it's how I type.

Previous Halo games didn't have ADS unless you count the sniper or one of the rifles.

5. Battlefield is a video game but it's fairly realistic. Same with GTA.

You probably know more about the technical part of video games than me though.

Are you excited for the new Halo?

Not unless it comes to PC. I'm more excited for the possibility of Halo Online being modded to English.

GTA is far from realistic. The cars are arcadey. Health is point based, if you shoot someone in the feet they die. That's just two quick examples but none of the games you mention are realistic. You're not going to find realism too often outside mods and simulators. ARMA for example is realistic. Battlefield is not. Maybe we have different definitions of what realistic is but if you consider everything realistic, especially stuff like Halo, BF, CoD; it doesn't do justice and takes away from games that actually are realistic.

7. Hmm.. I suppose you're right. It's all about a point of reference, though.

Compared to pong, BF is realistic. But BF compared to a simulator is not. And a simulator compared to real life is not.

But I think we'll reach a stage one day when simulators and real life will border on each other quiet closely.

What do you mean Halo Online modded to English?

& how do you feel about the Oculus riff?

I adore the Oculus Rift. I wasn't happy about it being sold to Facebook's company but overall I've only had amazing experience with it. It takes a strong computer to run because you need to basically run two 1080p monitors but aside from that its solid. Good dev kits, good community support.

Halo Online is a recent Halo that is coming out online only for Russia. Call of Duty did something similar with Call of Duty Online in China and Korea which takes a little bit from every CoD, maps, guns, features and blends it all together. It turned out being one of the best CoDs but it's not available in the West. Halo Online is something similar where it takes Halo 3's engine and puts it on PC, something never done before. It instantly got leaked and now we have Halo 3's working engine on PC. People have started modding it but no one has gotten multiplayer to work yet. Hopefully when the full version is released we'll be able to have a completely moddable Halo on PC.

9. Im just making the point that spartans arent literally putting the rifle up to the helmet. MJLONIR armor is linked to the weapon. The visor just zooms in. When the armor is struck it automatically unzooms so you can reevaluate your surroundings rather than stay zoomed in and be sprayed with bullets from another target you cant see.

I think people are making too big of a deal about it. Saying its too cod like an such.

10. Haha. Damnit MFxDeadstroke, you started this! Causin' drama up in the Halo thread!

Jp :p