Halo 5: Guardians Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by TheSingularity, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Release Date: October 27th 2015

Trailers:

Halo 5 Guardians Master Chief Ad: http://youtu.be/9rd8FWUCCZk

Halo 5 Guardians Spartan Locke Ad: http://youtu.be/tHQiYPiNVEE

Halo is my favorite video game series of all time. I'm excited for the new one. I've never been disappointed by Bungie. Except the Halo 4 campaign was really short compared to the previous games.

Discuss...

I hope it will be released on XBOX 360. I don't have an XBOX One.

2. I hope it's not on 360. It's time for developers to phase the old consoles out. I'm tired of games having to be scaled down to run on inferior hardware.

I'll probably be picking up an Xbox One solely for this game, though.

3. I don't see how it affects you negatively if its released for previous consoles.

You still get the premium version on XB1. But for those of us who like Halo and can't afford a new console it's nice to have it available for 360.

I mean I have a gaming PC so I could play it on here, but that will probably be ages from now when the computer version is released.

4. Only X1. The hype the hype!!!

5. Oh poop. Well, I bought the PS3 just for GTA V haha. I know it was released on 360, but I played all the GTA's on Playstation back in the day so I wanted that feel back.

I guess I'll either have to save up for the X1 or wait for PC version.

I'm so excited. I've played Halo since #1 was released. It's a groundbreaking gaming series. It has a cinematic element that other games pale in comparison to. I love the story and the artwork.

Screenshots from Halo 5:

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. Yeah but when they have to keep the older consoles in mind they scale back the entire game to fit. The 360 and PS3 are nearly 10 years old... It's time to let them die lol.

To my knowledge they create a high definition full size version of the game and that's the one you receive when you purchase it for the newer consoles. Then they reduce the size and that's the version that's released for older consoles.

8. Lockes bitch ass thinking he can step to Chief

9. If Master Chief dies... I will literally shed a tear

Bungie didn't make halo 4, 343 industries took over (microsoft).

11. #12 Vicious, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2015
    I don't like 343. I haven't liked Halo since 3. I don't like the direction its going with perks, sprinting, ADS. It's too CoD.

There are games that have been entirely rescaled and scrapped because of console limitations. Companies only recently started making a master PC version, for example Metal Gear Solid 5 and Grand Theft Auto 5. Look at Dark Souls 2 for example, it was completely gimped because of console limitations then rereleased as a definitive version.

It's a bad practice and the older consoles need to be scrapped.

12. That's true. Since 3 it has kinda felt like Halo is a galactic version of CoD.

I guess I just have so many fond Halo memories that I stay riding for the series.

13. #14 WherezMyLighter, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2015
    You've never been disappointed by halo? The original development team isn't even making this, it's not even a halo game, it just has the word halo in the title and some similarities. This is coming from a huge halo fan.

That being said, I will more than likely buy this game, put some time into it, and If it blows I'll return it before my warranty's up. I watched a lot of beta gameplay which is not a direct reflection of this final product but can certainly shed some light on where development is headed.

I do like how your teammates Spartans call out enemy positions for you, instead of having to rely on some real life player to have a mic and be proactively communicating.

Not sure how I feel about sprinting/mounting/boosting. These are stolen ideas and really curb skill necessity, imo. Guess we'll see when it arrives.

14. #15 Deleted member 813926, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
    Im going to buy this but only because i've been down for Halo since the very first one.

Its not the same without the Flood running wild everywhere lol.

15. I wanna k ow more back story

Not like XB1 has much better hardware.

17. You get descoped when hit..

18. #19 TheSingularity, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2015
    What!? How come in call of duty you don't scope out when hit but in an advanced robotic armor you do? Makes no sense

Makes less sense to compare it to Call of Duty.