Halo 4

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Johnny Blazed, Jun 4, 2012.

1. #1 Johnny Blazed, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2012

2. Believe it or not, 343 is mostly comprised of former Bungie employees. Read it somewhere on the internet to help relieve Halo fans of the skepticism of a new company making a series that has been loved for so long by Bungie.

Saw some Halo 4 gameplay footage today and boy oh boy does it get me excited for November!

On a side note, this is the first game where we play as the Master Chief since 2007's Halo 3. 5 years is quite some time!

3. i just linked the e3 gameplay trailer i saw i spike its pretty fuckin badass

4. Fuck yeah it is!

That light rifle and the scattershot Forerunner weapons looked amazing! Definitely gonna start keeping my eye on this Halo again!

5. Anybody ever read Ghosts of Onyx?

6. this game is gonna put halo reach to shame....shit, it already has

7. Getting more personal with Master Chief and Cortana than ever before? That's all I need to hear.

8. I'm excited. But I need to see more from the multiplayer.

9. More from the multiplayer? Reach multiplayer is pretty damn diverse

10. Reach multiplayer is lacking in several areas. The only thing that makes it any bit playable is it's still not Call of Duty multiplayer.

11. Where do you think its lacking?...

12. The flow of the maps. The combat mechanics are a bit off. The armor abilities are almost an ailment to the competitive nature of Halo games.

13. I don't think map flow is too bad.. they're not as good as the maps from previous halos. And you're definitely right about armor abilities, I like sprint, but armor lock and jetpacks are cool but NOT necessary in halo imo

14. They need to bring back custom games like they were in halo 3.

So fucking awesome!

15. #15 BlowinBleezies, Jun 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2012
    fuck yeah custom games

used to play that game where we all start on one point of the a map thats in the sky on mongooses and theres a guy in the center of the map sniping, annd u gotta try and drive to the other side through buncha shit while not falling off or getting sniped

16. i hope they do away with the whole sprint jetbacks and all that bullshit

17. Innovation was always Bungie's best aspect. The 'class' system they implemented in Reach reminded me of CoD-ish gameplay.

Although, sprinting as a base feature (ie. clicking the thumbstick) would be welcomed. I always wanted a sprint feature in Halo.

I'm exceptionally interested in the new Forerunner weapons. Those designs just blew my mind!

18. i feel like not having sprint is/was such a big part of halo. every other fps has it. the second they put in all those little perks it was to much like cod.

i dont know how id feel about it. id rather have everyone sprint than the choices tho thats for sure.

19. It was a tremendous part of the Halo games, but I've wanted sprinting in Halo since the second one. If a Spartan is humanity's most prestigious, deadly, and versatile warrior... Wouldn't sprinting beyond human capability allow them to make the Chief feel more superhuman than just giving him a suit with shielding and a melee bash that would crush an Elite?

I'm with you on the class-specific abilities and how they hindered Reach's multiplayer, but I felt the sprint should've been necessary from the time Halo 2 was released.

20. your right...i did think about being able to sprint and how cool itd be in earlier halos. once they brought it in how they did tho it completely put me off. maybe they just need to make a different type of sprint. you know what im saying? instead of the whole generic click stick , sprint for 3 seconds, then back to normal although i dont know how they could change that up