Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hallucinations

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by asdf0123, Aug 28, 2010.

1. i dont care what anybody says, at the end of the day, nothing found in marijuana has the chemical ability to make you hallucinate.

2. impossible to "trip" or hallucinate on weed. no matter how much ya smoke

3. Totally false. THC is classified as a hallucinogen as well as a euphoric. While most hallucinations induced by cannaboids are auditory in nature, visuals can and do happen, mostly in newer smokers or people with otherwise low tolerance when smoking strong Sativas.

EDIT:

I really wish people would stop talking about shit they obviously don't know about.

4. I definately don't know how people can say it can't happen just because it didn't happen to you. I get auditory hallucinations ALL the time. And the first time I smoked I got visuals.

5. lol i doubt that counts as a religiouse expiriance, thats just being artistic wile fucked up :p

6. Beyond even that, it has been scientifically studied and documented. It can cause various forms of perception changes ranging from time distortion to auditory and even visual hallucinations.

I just get so sick and tired of the ignorance of people who proclaim things as 'facts' when they haven't got a fucking clue.

7. i guess you could hallucinate if you smoked a ridiculous amount of weed to yourself...but no...I've never hallucinated and nobody I know has either.

8. I have, once. I watched devil horns grow out of my friend's head when I was a newb like most of the kids here. Good good Colombian Sativa :smoking:

9. I have just closed eye hallucinations before...and hearing shit.

10. THC is not a true hallucinogen, it does have hallucinogenic properties, but its not going to make you "trip".

from eMed.:
    Hallucinogens are a diverse group of drugs that cause an alteration in perception, thought, or mood. A rather heterogeneous group, these compounds have different chemical structures, different mechanisms of action, and different adverse effects. Despite their name, most hallucinogens do not consistently cause hallucinations, which are defined as false sensations that have no basis in reality. Often, they are more likely to cause changes in mood or in thought than actual hallucinations.

Marijuana is the leaf or flower of the plant Cannabis sativa and is commonly known as pot, grass, or weed. It contains the psychoactive substance THC. Although usually grouped with other hallucinogens, marijuana rarely causes hallucinations. Acute effects from smoking marijuana include an alteration in perception or mood, laughing, increased appetite, conjunctival injection, tachycardia, and mild CNS depression.

Weed is not going to make you trip.

11. You had OEV's? if so I am very interested in hearing your experience as well as your chemical history.

12. its obvious, they just aint smoking the dank like we do :smoking:

13. I saw clouds, rainning, the sun shinning, wind, snow and thunder all closed eye..They were pictures...It was awsome dank ;)

14. #34 phantomxrider, Aug 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2010

Yeah, because I know nothing about marijuana.
    I've taken my share of drugs and I know a hallucination when I see one.
    I've gotten more than my share of closed eye visuals on weed; same for auditory "trips." Been there, done that. But at the end of the day, I have never spoken to a tree because it had a guiding spirit, I've never seen a swimming pool turn into crystals, and I sure as hell haven't "tripped".....on weed.

For the record, the strongest "trip" had while smoking was the time I was staring at a deer in the woods from five feet away, face to face, and thought it was a group of joggers running through the woods. I wager that happened because at the time I was too stoned to register that deer lived in the woods, so my brain tried to focus it and classify it as something I knew.

And you could have done without the tone of your reply, I wasn't attacking you, or anybody, so don't get offended and start spewing off curse words....

15. You obviously haven't read any academic studies on it though, and you obviously confuse your anecdotal evidence based on the experiences YOU have had with being a valid dataset.

That's like me saying, "I've never been stung by a scorpion so they must not exist." Really, get a clue ok? Just because you've never experienced it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Like I said it's not common, but it's WELL documented. Go to a library and look up some medical journals on the topic.

So yes in this case you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

16. Some people just make themselves look like dicks.. even when they are trying to help. >.<

17. OSG I mean this with respect, but please stop being an asshole. I really don't understand why just because somebody has been around for a while their word is God. I didn't offend you, I didn't attack you, shit, I didn't even address you. So calm down.

Anyways, with your argument being "don't base things off your own experiences," your "devil horn trip" should be null and void. Secondly, I have in fact read plenty of studies. Do you think I'm going to go smoking some substance that is said to be worse than cocaine (in the media) witout doing any research? Come on.

Speaking of medical journals, how many medical journals have we read that says marijuana leads to psychosis, is a gateway drug, causes cancer and reduces learning ability?

I think your definition of a "hallucination" is different than mine. I know for a fact nobody will ever sit there and watch a spanish tribe emerge from the floor and offer you advice because they smoked weed. I call a hallucination something that you can watch for more than five seconds without blinking your eyes and it disappearing (and then laughing ridiculously about it immediately after).

Yes, I have talked to myself in the mirror on weed, as well as had instances where I thought I saw a man or something (but it disappears after a second). If you let your mind wander, it stimulates itself. If devoid of all stimulation, you can hallucinate as much as you can on acid, which is seen in submersion tanks. Coupled with marijuana and a new smoker, it could lead to what could be interpreted as a hallucination.

Bottom line, our definitions differ and there's no reason to be a dick about it.

18. Except I didn't use my experience as evidence, in fact I didn't mention it until several posts in this thread. It's scientific fact. Just because you don't know that doesn't make it not so. Definitions have nothing to do with it. Fact is fact and ignorance is ignorance.

19. #39 phantomxrider, Aug 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2010

I'm just going to say we have different takes on it and leave it at that.

I'm gonna hit the bong and spend some 'personal time' with the girl; let's hope I don't see any third tits coming out of her.:cool:

20. so sorry master of marijuana, just stating what i think.