Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BrassNwood, Nov 12, 2016.

1. I have a nice mellow high at the moment. Gonna top off all caps to 25 drops and leave it at that.
    It has me thinking I should just fill caps with my usual canna-oil used for baked goods, and see how hard that hits.
    *This small amount of straight up oil sludge is not helping my heartburn/reflux, though.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Be careful dosing. Even bud oil is 1mg per drop. a full (0) capsule is 25mg.
    The finer you can get the bud dust the fewer clogs you'll have. The Kief I use is very fine (160 microns) and a standard eyedropper gets it done. I've worked with bud dust and it's more trouble. Best results were decarb then wine bottle on a granite tile then a flour sifter. That will dice it fine enough to not clog your tip.

I've considered filling the caps with a tiny spoon like.. (We can't say that drug here). when using bud dust oil.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  3. You may be one of the few the cannabis fibers and plant material just don't agree with and may need to work with strained oil. Personal testing is really the only way to know. Make a few assorted 1 gram batches and start testing for effects.

1 gram is enough to do 5 caps and that is enough to tell if that type is the one.
    I kept changing this temp, that duration, Lecithin amount, Skip it altogether, I had a patient with a very touchy stomach and we finally worked up a Kief to 190 proof to Coconut oil that removed 99,9% of the plant and she stopped having issues. It was a matter of getting it pure enough.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  4. [​IMG]

This might be useful as It is a1.5 ounce size
    web restaurant supply
    [​IMG]4 ounces
    webstrauntstore.com

I'll measure my dishes and the Mr. Coffee mug warmer today and help find that exact dish I use or a reasonable replacement.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  5. Yes, I already strain my canna-oils, so there is little debris to worry about...(but the smallest particles which make it through my mesh coffee filter-probably trichs haha). I have been dealing with a lot of anxiety lately and the reflux started about 2 months ago. Coffee, chocolate, citric acids, alcohol, high fat foods all get to me. Already had a touch of it when I woke up, so the hash oil just bumped it up a bit. Drinking lots of water to try and calm it down.

I am a bit allergic to my own medibles...they usually make me sneeze just when I start felling the high, and I remember some ancient experiments eating cookies with the herb still in them gave me a stomach ache every time. So far, no pain from this sludge, but this 15 drop dose got my nose running a bit...I am definitely allergic to many pollens.
    With my usual batch of strained oil, I know the quantity of cookies/brownies etc. that I usually make per 1/2 cup oil, so it should be fairly simple to melt that 1/2 c. and see how many drops there are and divide that quantity accordingly.
    I will come back in the near future with updates on decarb hash next time, and also try some drops of my other oil and see how that works Never really thought to try this cap method with that oil since everyone wants baked goodies. I will have to change their minds if I ever get a chance to actually see anybody again!

Thanks, bro...you've been a very sociable and pleasant host. Have a good one. I need a toke!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Yeah, I have those little steel cups already....they come in handy for all sorts of cooking endeavors.

• Like Like x 2
  7. So, I finished 77 caps full to the brim on the cap bottom. Ate 3 more. Licked the utensils. I'm flying pretty high right now. Kinda want to take a nap. I haven't napped since I was toddler. Man these babies have some kick. Like a donkey kick to the nuts. :)

The hot plate definitely worked but it definitely sucked. It was just too hot on the lowest setting. I mailed it off along with the butter machine. The buffet warmer should work much better with an adjustable max temp of 245 F. Here's a picture of the caps and station I used to make them. Back is killing me and I'm toasted to the max. I think I'll put on a good flick and chillax the day away today :)

20201216_113445.jpg
    20201215_150517.jpg
    20201216_112819.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. Sweet so nothing for you to buy.
    Most excellent report.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  9. I use caps daily for 2 years - most enjoyable way to consume it. I feel dumb that I smoked for so long. This caps are the best way ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  10. 20201216_115845.jpg

My preferred working dishes are the short, small ones and fit loosely on the Mr. Coffee mug heater.
    The larger deep set also fit but just.
    Mug heater plate actual flat area size is 3 1/4 inches .
    [​IMG]

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  11. My wife kept suggesting these other dishes that wouldn't work. Finally I straight up tell her, "honey, this fella has been doing this for 20 years most likely. Do you really think you have a better technique?" That shut her up fast quick and in a hurry :) thank you for the photos BNW.

My buffet warmer arrived today. Kinda nice. Almost too nice. Maybe I'll keep some piping hot nacho cheese sauce at the other end of the tray while I'm capping to quell my hunger pains and satisfy my munchie needs. Multi purpose my friends :)

Got the pipettes today. It's like a lifetime supply for $5.
    My station is now complete except for my metal cat food dish. On the way from chewy =) 20201217_143643.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. How much lecithin per 1 ounce of regular bud not hash I just now bought me a bottle of the lecithin in that pictire there the fearn its called I think order online never used lecithin i was always wanting to but never ordered it till now some people say to add it to the coconut oil with the bud as it does it thing some say add it to your edible brownie mixn before you bake your brownie in oven anything to clear any misinformation up would be cool as I'm still a newbie a bit with edibles it a better transition from smoking though.

Sent from my LML212VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  13. Start with a single batch of BadKat's recipe so if you make a mistake or find it's to coarse to suck up into an eyedropper, or the brownies are really sandy and gritty you not trying to fix a large batch. The 5 gram recipe for Bud still packs 750mg per Tablespoon.

Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes ( roasted weed in the oven uncovered )
    If using buds grind to dust now. Very fine like flour.

5 grams decarbed Kief or Hash or powdered buds
    1 tablespoon Coconut oil (any cooking oil works)
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin ( strength multiplier)
    Combine
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes.
    Done

This small batch, high ratio lecithin is ready to go now and can be used in capsules or food.
    To bake with, add finished tablespoon of high strength oil to the oil called for in your brownies, blend the oils well, Add the flour and bake normally. While this involves a few extra steps I feel it doubles the effects from the cannabis.

Bud oil 1 drop = 1mg

Lecithin does 2 things. First it's an emulsifier and smooth's the finished oil.
    Second is it promotes Bioavailability. Helps your body absorb more and make better use of what it does.
    Done like this in small batches at 1/6th the oil ration it really dials up the strength in my experience. Turns a 5 stone into a 10.
    I'd need a 1/4 gram with just Coconut oil.
    An 1/8th gram would do the same job with Lecithin used.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  14. @noragrets24
    To make the whole thing at once just scale up the recipe. I use Kief and mostly make a pair of triples at a time but I've gone a 6x in a single dish and it's come out the same. As long as the oil to lecithin ratio remains constant you can scale up or down as needed.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  15. @noragrets24

1 ounce = 28 grams I'll round up as weed is dryer then hash. Call it 30 grams.
    1 tablespoon per 5 grams = 6 tablespoons of Coconut oil.
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin x 6 = 1 tablespoon

We just multiply 6x for everything.
    750 X 6 = 4,500 mg in that.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  16. Thanks a ton man I'm gonna use this recipe when it comes in mail next Wednesday and for the decarb time is that based on oven use on lower rack or more like a toaster oven setting? Just wondering as I hear the 2 can differentiate.

Sent from my LML212VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  17. my cookies turned liquidy PXL_20201218_221726779.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  18. Yesterday I just made new caps out of 30grams flowers. I don’t feel a huge difference between caps with shake (shake, no trim!) and buds, so if you can buy shake cheaper, use shake for the flower caps as it works as well.
    You can also skip the step with the tee mesh - just grind your flowers to powder and you are good to go.
    Out of 30grams I made 180 size 2 caps. Yesterday I took one and I had great night... laughing my ass off on fails on youtube.
    For everybody which doesn’t have access to hash, you can use buds with the same results. In my case I only need to double the dose (size of the caps). Hash caps - size 4 caps - 10gr hash = 120 caps. Flower caps - size 2 caps - 10gr shake = 60 caps.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  19. Center rack for a home oven is fine. I use an old toaster-convection oven so it has a small fan that keeps the air moving and it doesn't matter where I put the pan in it.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  20. I'm an animal and I'd eat them. :)

BNW

• Like Like x 1