Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BrassNwood, Nov 12, 2016.

1. In your experience would you say it's okay to have a fan on low blowing directly on the buds in 80-90% RH?
    Fresh cut wet can't put fan anymore back. I could put the fan right next to the buds and have it blowing the opposite way towards the wall.

Have airflow in other parts of room also. PXL_20201014_005439839.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'd point it away from the plants as it should give a slightly more even dry.
    Got an air conditioned room you can hang them in? Even cold AC air is very dry and can be used in high humidity zones like yours.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  3. Haha I put cardboard over the vents. I'll remove them. Thank you and I will move the fan best I can

• Like Like x 1
  4. When i hang mine my fans one blows at the wall the other rotates around so there is air movement. The hanging weed gently moves in it. Depending on humidity i constantly check them for outer dryness then move to bnw style drying.

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Like Like x 1
  5. I appreciate the quick responses very much

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yesterday I gave my girlfriend one hash cap - as you all know mines are pretty low dosages, but probably enough to give her hard time. She wasn’t able to do much and after couple of hours she vomited. The day after she was okay.
    Be careful with people which don’t consume cannabis - my gf doesn’t smoke or eat cannabis and 4 drops of hash oil was too much for her.
    A good idea is to buy 5ml dropper (pretty small) - 2 grams of hash with 1 teaspoon of MCT + 1/6 lecithin and you will fill it to the top. Use this to find someone’s sweet spot as a cap (even low dose as mine) can be too much. 2 drops are good starting point for people which never consume weed.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  7. [​IMG]

This is why I make a bunch of 1 drop capsules so new users can find their sweet spot dose.

Take one drop and wait 2 hours
    Not stoned
    Take 2 drops more and wait another 2 hours
    Not stoned?
    Take 4 drops more and wait another 2 hours

Continue doubling and waiting until it works.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  8. I will try that out next time indeed. Is the third person which is vomiting from such a small dose - all of them didn’t consumed cannabis at all.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Do you know exactly why when you jar hash you'll find balls of it in the jar among loose sandy embodiments?

• Like Like x 1
  10. what do you mean with balls? Small “crumbles”? This can mean that the hash you use is not clean - I’ve seen that with very low quality morrocan hash. Normal hash will dissolve in hot oil... no matter how hard is pressed. What type of hash do you use? Dry-sifted hash or other type of hash?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pictures might help. The dry ice Kief I make is always the same play dough like consistency throughout.
    THe Hash we got in Germany in the early 1970s was always a firm compressed form. 1 inch thick dinner plate sized chucks 2 or 3 to the Kilo.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  12. This is the hash in the Netherlands too of course with some varieties of region like from Lebanon (mostly red hash), Pakistan and the most of it Morocco. The other type of hash is charas from India and Afghanistan.

This is also the type of hash I use for my caps - same as the one from the pictures (Morrocan). You can’t judge the quality by the smell or how it looks - or if you try too, most of the times you might be able to judge, but you will make mistakes.
    I judge the quality by 3 factors:
    1. Does it bubble when you flame it? If yes, you got good quality. If not - I won’t buy it - this is probably 4th time the flowers are sifted and it contains lots of plant material.
    2. Hoe fast it catch flame? If it flames fast, you got clean product. The ash must be all the same color and it must be white. If it’s dark on color, the product is not clean.
    3. Chew it - if you feel sand... don’t buy it - it’s not clean product.

It sounds primitive, but by doing this 3 things you can recognize what you are buying. I bought lots of low quality hash as my tolerance is very low and it did perfect job for me and it was cheap. The hash I got bubbled a bit (so plants were already sifter maybe 2 times), it catched fire pretty fast and the ash was a little dark (plant material) and by chewing it I didn’t feel any sand (clean product). As long as it’s not mixed with other shit, although the quality was not premium it did the job perfectly for me!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Has anyone tried this recipe with CBD isolate?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hey there, Brass. Thank you for your help. So I decided to make a 5g single batch.
    1 TBSP coconut oil, 1/2 tsp lecithin?
    I found my cap size fits in the drill template at 19/64, so I took this old plastic sandwich keeper and drilled 1 hole...oops, cap fell thru, so don't use that one! 9/32 drill bit was perfect, need to drill a few more and try not to destroy the tray while I'm at it.
    I won't be melting these in my mouth, so no freeze step required? Am I correct that I just warm the sludge at 220 for 20 minutes, then cap 'em?

I will load enough 1 drop caps to set my dosing over the next few days. No need to rush his testing phase.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. If you don’t want to wait for BNW to reply, i can confirm you can skip the freeze step. 220 degrees for 20 min will be just fine for the sludge step. You can cap them then.

Just dont forget to decarb your hash/bud without oil before you make the sludge, and remember the lecithin in the sludge! :)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Correct. 1/6th Lecithin to the oil volume.
    I tried a capping tray but found just hand filling faster.
    The freeze removes the slightly sandy-gritty mouth feel the melted caps oil can have.
    Let one melt and see if it's objectionable. I do it because I love the taste of them.

Do go slow and try not to overshoot. LOL we all have, did, still do.
    A toke or vape hit will kick the edible into overdrive hard for an hour so take care toking when oiled until you experience it a few times.
    :) Let me know how the ride is.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  17. Thanks for popping in Vinni. Correct on all accounts. :)

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  18. Hey Vinni, thanks...I am working with old, old naturally decarbed weed. Plus I found 2 small jars of previously decarbed weed in my freezer, sor added that kief to the mix.

Thank you! I am worried about loading these because I have only a small glass eyedropper, and don't know if it will lift the solids. All my pipettes are gone except a used one (essential oils), and it's not looking good, so I found a skinny straw that just fits into the capsule, and I might have to use that for filling the caps. I wonder what size drop that'll be?
    I need to search around for another dropper, but I don't recall having any others .
    I'll test and report back tomorrow since I have another project to finish this afternoon, and don't need any awkward interruptions. Thanks again....

• Like Like x 2
  19. I hate making herbal pills.

You can employ these methods using more oil, or using any oily material.
    For example, I sometimes make herb pills using the following ratios:
    (5 g DecarbedPowder) + (5 g Lecithin) + (20 g AnyOil) = 33*(25 mg THC Size 00 caps)
    The gunk can be difficult to get into capsules, but much more herb, and it's nearly impossible.

Alternatively, a similar strategy can be used with nut butter or melted chocolate chips:
    (5 g DecarbedPowder) + (5 g Lecithin) + (70 g NutButter/Nutella/Choc) = 20*(4 gram servings of 40 mg thc each)

My favorite edible is cookies, and the same methods can be used to infuse the oil of any box mix.
    Just keep track of herb used, and each gram will supply about 160 mg thc to the finished product.

• Like Like x 1
  20. I am no stranger to edibles, and have made my share of cookies, candies, fat bombs, fruit leathers, gummies, sauces, gravies, etc. The thc content is an unknown, because it ain't legal here, so I always have to test my goodies before sharing any...and still...people don't listen. I have only had 1 experience of greening out, and this was at least 15 years ago when I didn't have a consistent butter making method. I've evolved those methods ovr the years. I can make very good canna-oil extractions with the usual Mexican Brickweed which I can get in large quantity and is fairly consistent in stoner value most times of the year. Sometimes we get some nice surprises.
    I had not felt much like messing with edibles since covid, and have been smoking thru my crazy dribs and drabs stash of primo stuff before it gets too stale, (that has been fun!), but I decided to do something useful with the many remnants of very old brick weed I had stashed here and there. Found a big old jar full in the bottom of my freezer, and quite a few small jars of decarbed stuff too, which was waiting to be made into tincture. Now that I have some kief from all that mess it is time to try this particular edible experiment, and get some hallucination on. haha. Actually, I want them for the pain relief and to see if I can sleep a bit better/longer..won't know unless I try. I have really enjoyed the tinctures I have made, and wanted to try something new, so here I am. I will run some everclear thru the leftover grind after I re-card this mess for those last few trichomes I can cull.
    Next step...grow some stealth.

• Like Like x 1