Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BrassNwood, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Where did you get the wide bore glass eyedroppers from? I haven't been able to find them.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. 1oz, White Plastic Child Resistant Calibrated Dropper 0.25- 1.0 ml - 20-400 fits 1 oz Bottles
    Glass no. This one is plastic and can be trimmed with a knife. Pipettes are plastic as well and can be trimmed for working with the larger particulates of powdered buds.
    The 160 Micron Dry Ice Kief I work with flows in a standard eyedropper with very few stoppages.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  3. Will start off by saying that it was a bad idea to lick the utensils. I didn't fully recover until 8PM yesterday (almost 24 hours) LOL.

One thing I did was before adding the kief, I preheated the oil and leitchin on the coffe warmer to get the coconut oil down to a liquid and mixed those a bit. Then I added the decarbed kief and fully mixed everything togther. Then put in the oven for the 20 mins @ 220. I thought everything would have been a bit more dessolved after the heating, freezing, and 2nd re-heat @ 220 degress. When I was filling the caps, I made sure to give the oil a good swirl with a utensil so everything was mixed well before filling the dropper (had been mentioned previously in the thread).

I ended up making 6 of each type of caps = 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 drops. This way I will have enough to test out over the next few days. This also means I did not use the full amount of oil.

What should I do with the rest? Should I put it in the freezer? I know its been mentioned that more freezing and heating cycles bring on more of a "sleepy" effect, and wanted to possibly avoid. Maybe leaving it in the fridge would be better?

Any tips/recommendations are welcome!

Kief ready to be decarbed
    IMG_9733.JPG
    Oil and Lecithin I used.
    IMG_9737.JPG

Pre-heat of oil and leitchin on coffe warmer.
    IMG_9740.JPG

Oil/Decarbed Kief/Leitchin after 2nd heat in the oven
    IMG_9742.JPG

Making the caps
    IMG_9745.JPG

Finished product. I did move the caps to a makeshift pill holder out of a cardboard box so the oil would stay at the bottom. IMG_9746.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. If I don't finish capping I cover the bowl with a bit of saran wrap and stick in the fridge until I get back to it.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  5. I'm not Brass, but you should be able to make THCa caps or tinctures by skipping the decarb. That's what I did- I made an inactive tincture for a patient. I just skipped the decarb. If I was making caps I would concentrate my tincture and do a solvent transfer to coconut oil.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Hi Joker1121, and thank you for replying,I know brass is busy,I made some dry caps and a KIMG1648.JPG KIMG1652.JPG couple of tinctures for a friend with diabetes, I hear covid and diabetes is a bad mix, would it be ok if I send you some questions when I get some results from my friend?

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Certainly @Green Dragging. I hope I can be of some help. I just have three people I cook, or make tinctures for, but I'll try to help.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Just want to say thanks again for this recipe, this is pretty much the only way I use my kief now. 1 full capsule gets me medicated nicely and 2 gives me that nice sleepy couch like edible high when I have a few hours and I just want to really chill out.

• Like Like x 4
  9. In the original post you use 2.5tbs/5g of hash.
    Other places you post 3tbs/5g.
    Your most recent posts are 1tbs/5g

The latest oil seems it would be 3 times stronger than your other recipe by the numbers. How do you feel the difference is?

Has your tolerance changed over the years that now you make them stronger?

Fwiw, I went with 5tbs for 25g and I am on my 3rd heat/chill round and was planning on capping right after.

I think I'll make these 1 drop caps, at least a dozen or so of them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. That should be 2.5 - 3 teaspoons, not tablespoons. :blink:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Close but no Cigar.

The original BadKat recipe is
    5 grams of Cannabis
    2.5 teaspoons Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin.

You'll see me use 1 tablespoon = 3 Teaspoons

When you see 3 Tablespoons it's my usual triple batch that you see pictured in the Dishes

15 grams of Kief
    3 tablespoons Coconut oil.
    1.5 teaspoons Lecithin.
    Hope that clears up any confusion.

BNW

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Yup, I’m capping a quadruple batch this morning!
    :love-m3j:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Ayy, I just capped a double. Used half kief half flower. Still didn't grind far enough, had a little chunky leftovers. It's all good I just eat it, so nothing wasted lol. I am going to order a mortar and pestle already.

Also I'm sure its said a lot throughout the thread, but I'd advise everyone new to this tek to use a thermometer until you know your device. I used a toaster oven the last couple batches and the caps seamed weak. Used a thermometer today and the actual settings on the oven were around 100 degrees off where I thought.

Sent from the future

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. [​IMG]

Great advice. I've had one of theses in my Toaster Oven from the start and mine runs about 80 degs F cold as well.
    325 = 240F

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  15. OK, I see where I got mixed up.

I made 100 with 2 drops
    200 with 3 drops
    500 with 5 drops
    100 with 8 drops.

The wife tried a two dropper, said it's perfect for daytime for her. And since I made them for her, bad ass.

She took a 5 drop cap later in the evening which put her to sleep, just what she wanted.

Thanks for the thread
    Cheers Brass!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Anytime. Glad it worked out.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  17. Hey Brass, I have that exact same thermometer. How do you find 240 on there? I set my oven on 240 and it was over 250.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I use 2 thermometers and ignore the oven dial. They are usually way off on the small ovens.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  19. Wanted to say thank you very much for putting all this info up!!

Starting a batch now and going to be capping in the morning. Thank you very much again!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Your welcome.
    :)

BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1