Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BrassNwood, Nov 12, 2016.

1. I used to smoke a lot, then went to vaping. However, after finding these caps my vaping has gone to barely none. I know to really lessen my tolerance I will need to take a break from both edible and vaped forms of cannabis, although I am hoping to use CBD isolate to help with withdrawal symptoms (mainly insomnia).

Ideally I would like to take a break, then get my edible tolerance down to a pill or two at a time, and only vape when I want to slightly up an edible high.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Hey, so I have some questions about the process.

The oil - When you say 2.5 teaspoons of oil, are you referring to an equal split of avocado and coconut?

Decarb the material before or after I grind it into fine powder?

Blend material with oil - Is this where I add in the lechithin?

When you say heat for a further 20 minutes, how? in like a pot or the oven?
    You mention a toaster oven a lot - I only have a conventional gas oven, or a little cyclonic air-roaster type oven.
    Would you suggest one or the other?

Where do I get this coffee mug warmer thing?
    Failing that is there any other item you'd suggest in its place?

Thanks.

3. Mostly now I use just Coconut oil as it is the fastest to take effect. Ratio doesn't matter if your blending but I'd stay heavier on the Coconut.

It grinds to dust better after the decarb.

Add dust to oil and lecithin.

Any oven will do. Full size down to your air roaster. We just want to bring it up to about 220 F for 10-20 minutes.

The Coffee mug heater came from Bed, Bath, Beyond.

You can keep putting the metal dish back into the oven for a few minutes to keep the mix warm while capping the oil at first. It was a while before I graduated to the mug heater.
    Mr. Coffee® Mug Warmer
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  4. Speaking of the coffee mug warmer, I just ordered one on Amazon that should be arriving Tuesday. It will be nice when capping 100 capsules not having to put the sludge back in the oven on the back end.

Also, I made some caps with kief and is it ever an easier process than hash, although not as easy as distillate. I found it mixed better with the oil than the hash, as with the hash I would usually have a bit of solids at the end, where with the kief it was consistent thick (but still liquid) sludge till the end. The kief I got is also way more powerful than the hash. I estimate 1 full size 00 cap is as strong as 2 size 00 caps of hash and one size 0 cap with 8 drops of distillate which I estimate at 80 mg of THC. As I can make a kief cap for half the price of a 80 mg distillate cap, this is a nice way to save money.

Next project when I get more kief is to combine kief and distillate in a capsule for a very powerful full spectrum high.

• Like Like x 3
  5. I cant handle more than 5 drops without getting panic... I dont know how you guys take a whole 00 size without having hard time surviving the trip. I must admit when I smoked daily, I was able to slick this 00 size bastards and still survive it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. <--- size (0) 25 drops of hot hash oil

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mine caps are size 4 with max of 5 drops. I have now 10 droppers of 5ml every one with different strain of hash. They all hit the same so the effect doesn't differ from strain to strain at least to me. I freeze them , because with 1 dropper of 5ml I can do 2months. Using the ratio as advised 5gr hash - 2.5teaspoon MCT + 1/6 lecithin will fill a 10ml dropper to the top. So to fill a 5ml dropper, you need 2.5gr of hash! Couple of days ago I took 6 drops and it really made me uncomfortable... 4-5 drops is my limit. Couple of days ago I wanted to smoke one, but I wont as I don't have the discipline to limit my smoking and as I didn't smoked now for 8months, it will be a shame to do it now. Also I strongly believe smoking builds up a huge tolerance and I don't want the tolerance I have 8 months ago.
    PS: Next week I am going to make some RSO again, but if I dont use a coffee filter, the resin will be in the rso making it look like hash. Will this add a potency to my final product or do you preffer to use the coffee filter to strain out the resin?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. I use my Tincture reduction straight. No filtering at all. Looks like a blob of roofing tar and smells like it as well.
    It is second tier stuff as it comes from the scraps left after I shake for kief. We started making it on request as a friend wanted full spectrum Ethanol extraction for their medical issue. I've kept making it as it is almost as potent as my hash caps and can substitute when I'm low on hash.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  9. Any idea what the size of the bowl you use is? Proving more difficult than I thought to find a small bowl that will fit on the mug warmer lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. They were from the replacement dish area of a large chain pet store. Smallest they stocked. Volume wise I'd say it holds about 5 tablespoons of Liquid. I'll be making capsules later today and I'll to a test fill and see just how much they hold.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  11. Appreciate it, I will hit Petsmart on the way home and see what they got

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tried doing the caps with flower today instead of kief like last time but just couldn't get it into the dropper, it just was taking up all the liquid and leaving behind all the powdered flower, might need to try to get a plastic pipette or something so I can cut a wider tip, any tips?

13. I would try the plastic pipette, I'm sure there's plenty of thc in the oil alone. But hey if you can get roughly equal amounts of flower/oil in each cap. Probably best to be consistent in potency per capsule

And theres ofc thc in that flower still
    Sent from my KING_KONG_3 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. [​IMG]
    First round

[​IMG]
    Second round
    [​IMG]
    Third Round
    [​IMG]
    And
    [​IMG]
    Wait for it. Upside down ?? Huh
    I think at this point I was going to stop so I did the finger wipe and bowl lick.
    [​IMG]
    Fourth round left in freezer
    About 200 capsules per cup so 600 for the day and another 200 worth waiting in the freezer I'll get capped today.

A couple of hours later the double bowl lick hit me like a freight train and holy mother did I get a tad bit more then I asked for. WOOHOO !!!!!

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  15. But did you get the wife stink eye n shake off the head?

Sent with my new and improved pet rock v7.9

16. LOL funny you should say that. I did, She did, Then laughed hysterically when I amped out after dinner and had to lay down. The finger shake, The whole, I told you so routine.
    [​IMG]
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lol I kinda figured because I'd be doing the same thing . We know you can't help yourself though

Sent with my new and improved pet rock v7.9

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Went out and grabbed a 10 ml syringe meant for kids medicine today, has a wider bottom so hopefully that will help with the issue I had yesterday with it not getting any of the plant matter into the dropper

• Like Like x 2
  19. Well this was a bust too unfortunately. When I tried drawing it in the syringe or dropper it looked like when you drink too much of the juice out of a slurpee, and the ice around it gets all dry, so it was just sucking up the oil and leaving behind the powdered plant matter. When all else fails, make some brownies :bongin:

• Like Like x 1
  20. The 160 micron kief wants to settle at the dish bottom as well so I stir constantly. I can get 3 or so caps filled between aggressive stirring. When we do powdered buds it is a little more difficult depending on how fine I was able to powder the herb. But it's much the same consistency with even more constant mixing needed.

BNW