Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BrassNwood, Nov 12, 2016.

1. I guess being stoned most of the time trying to master the making of capsules wasn't smart idea at all... the mistake I made... and I guess and I HOPE none of you did the same stupid sh*t as I did... when you put your coconut oil, MELT IT FIRST! I didn't melted it and ended up with too much (as 2 tsp not melted oil is too much) coconut oil in it and... too weak capsules for my needs. Now I melt the coconut oil first, THEN I put for every 2gram, 1tsp MELTED COCONUT OIL and the capsules are very potent...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Just make the same ratio each time. Doesn't matter what ratio you settle on. Whatever works for your needs.
    When I make oil for my wife or another low dose user I'll take one of my caps and empty it into a full tablespoon of fresh oil to thin it way down for their use.
    BNW

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Welcome to the Peanut Gallery....er, I mean the Sticky Threads. It's about time. patroncigarre.gif

• Like Like x 3
  4. Thanks for the post. I didn't know. Surprise ! WOOHOO.
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Congrats Woody!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. #366 rpangelov, Nov 23, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    So... I have another question. Assuming... the potency of the caps depends on your starting material... if I use first class weed to make infused coconut oil, instead of low quality hash, will a cannaoil cap (without the weed...just the infused oil) be more potent?
    Right now I am making a couple of caps with your recipe, but instead of coconut oil, I use infused coconut oil... I am curious :p

7. It would be really low grade hash with a large portion of plant material to not still be stronger then high grade buds IMO.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  8. You know... this is the bad side here in Europe... living in the Netherlands I can buy weed and hash from the coffeeshop, but I am not able to grow the plants my self... so I don't have access to huge amounts in order to make my own hash. So I need to buy it - here is mostly moroccan hash. The hash is good, but the quality varies... I've never seen the so called "soapbar" which smells like plastic orso... but the low grade hash here has indeed lots of plant material and very little amount of THC. Anyway... it's fine to smoke - it doesn't taste bad and it burn's just fine, but it's not potent. This type of hash costs 3 euro for gram. As I have big tolerance... this type of hash don't work for me anymore. Some years ago did... but not anymore. It will get someone with low tolerance high for 1 hour... As I said - the hash isn't mixed with other substances, but I believe it's the lowest grade - lot's of plant material, plants used for must be small plants... assuming the primitive conditions of growing, this plants would be contaminated with some ground for sure... and I believe they use some kind of oils to give this hash flavor and to make it look a little bit higher grade (making it more sticky) and as last they use heat press to make blocks out of it in order to make one piece of it.
    High grade morocan hash will cost about 10-15 euro for 1 gram... and this stuff is really potent indeed. 0,2 gram will give me a good high for 2-3 maybe 4 hours. Last time I smoked 0,4 (for the fun...) at once, I felt a sleep on the keyboard in the middle of playing game and talking with friends online... so yes... this stuff can bring any user, no matter the tolerance to it's knees haha! But I found it a little bit too expensive to use it for hash caps... maybe I in the future I will buy bigger amount to buy it for cheaper price.
    As last... there is also european hash (99% coming from the Netherlands) - called mostly isolator or netherhash. Netherhash is dry siefted hash from high grade mostly haze (sativa) plants... very light in color - much like your kief, but pressed. Very very rare you can buy it unpressed. The isolator is the highest grade hash you can buy here - it can be powdery... it can be sticky sludge just like RSO... I don't know exactly how they make it... I believe dry ice, or maybe RSO... or maybe rosin? Excuse me for maybe the stupid question... but I am not sure rosing can be smoked in joint?
    Anyway... the market here is a little bit different. The law is out of dated... although here in the Netherlands you can buy, posses and use weed for recreational purposes just from the coffeeshops since the 70's... ALMOST 50 YEARS... they still don't allow ANYBODY to grow weed. I know... this is something hard to understand how you can allow something to sell, but forbid it's production...
    The final result is - hash must be imported, because there are not that large fields of weed to make hash. But the weed grown here is cheap and potent. First grade amnesia haze costs about 6 euros and this is the one of the most expensive strains on the market here, except some rare haze strains with long grown period. The price of the weed is not determinted by the quality of the crop ofcourse... and the grow period - how longer, how expensiver. So the indica strains here are not much sold and are very cheap - 4 euro for 1 gram.

So... what I decided to do is to produce some RSO and try some tinctures. I will experiment with RSO + coconut oil in caps.

I want really to thank you! The recipe is perfect and I got good results. Sadly the hash I used was crap... so the caps were not killing potent haha, but they buzzed me really nice. The first edible recipe which gave me any results! As I was thinking I was immune against edibles... this recipe proved me wrong. Very simple, fast and you don't need any special equipment! Whoever is in doubt... don't! Just do it, you won't regret!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Glad you enjoyed the recipe. Keep experimenting with different grade of Hash-kief as you'll find that the better the starting material the less you'll need for maximum effects.
    Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture
    The last 5 pages of my Hashmaster 5000 thread covers my Tincture making and reduction to RSO.
    BNW

10. I screwed up.
    I forgot I hadn't decarbed 3.2 g hash made with 160 micron screen.
    I was going to use the BrassNwood method to make some nutella spread to test its potency.
    I just realized it hasn't been decarbed, after already having mixed it into the nutella, but haven't done anything else yet.
    I have no expertise with in-oil decarb.

Any advice on how to fix this?

11. It will eventually decarb with heat but it degrades almost as fast IMO and it's usually weaker and more sleeper grade then I care for.
    I've blown a few batches that way and usually mark them and use them with other caps of standard strength or keep it as a sleep aid.
    Brass

• Like Like x 1
  12. So in reality if your using low grade hash would reducing amount of oil used? Help? silly question but I've never tried (using hash kinda a fresh herb user) I'm assuming it's low grade I will know when the dude turns up with it lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. The base recipe is very thick at the current ratio and I have to keep it hot and stir constantly while capping. I don't think it can get much thicker and still be workable.
    As it is when the Kief is placed in the oil it doesn't look like it's enough oil to fully wet the dry Kief-Hash.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  14. BrassNwood, did you ever tryied caps with coconut + RSO instead of hash ? I am curious if they are even more hallucinating :X

15. I make both kinds and my RSO is about half as strong as the straight kief-hash based one. Keep in mind my Kief is the cream off my grow and the RSO is a second tier extraction of material I used to throw away. It's good and potent in iit's own right but it's not the best I make by far.

If I were to rinse straight bud as the first step in my RSO it would be stronger no doubt. It is always a question of GIGO. Garbage In Garbage Out. The Cannabis I wash with Ever Clear for RSO has been through my Hashmaster 5000 and the best of the best has been shaken off.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  16. So happy to see this as a sticky! This recipe is a life changer for me as the oil helps me with some digestion/intestinal problems I've always had, alleviating me from trips to the gastro doc. Even he is amazed at my recovery. They're completely gone for the last two years since I've been using this amazing recipe. I've been using shatter and wax for the most part and dose once a week - usually Friday or Saturday. I get nice and roasted for a solid 48 hours from the potency and my lower tolerance. I haven't smoked in over 2 years, which has really improved my daily 2-5 mile runs and my other outdoor activities my wife and I do. A true Godsend. Thank you BrassNwood!

• Like Like x 4
  17. Hello BNW, etal.

I rediscovered cannabis as a medicinal treatment in 2015. I've found it to be effective on several fronts but insomnia has continued to be a struggle for me.

I've tried many methods of treatment with varied results. For the past several months I've been using ground decarbed flower in capsule form with a few drops of MCT oil. This has offered 4-6 hours of shallow sleep with interruptions. I've also used the ground decarbed flower in no cook edibles with comparable results.

I've tried increasing the dose only to find myself totally wired and spend a miserable night with zero sleep. Surprising since I'm using Blackberry Kush which is a heavy indica hybrid.

Yesterday I made a small batch using basically your methodology. 2.5 g of finely ground bud with an equal amount (by volume not weight) of MCT oil with a drizzle of liquid sunflower lecithin. I did a heat (220f for 30 minutes in a sealed mason jar)-freeze-heat cycle. I placed 6 drops of the concoction in a trial capsule and took it last night. I used the same Blackberry Kush I've been using for a good base comparison.

Initial results: no increase in longevity of sleep but sensed a deeper sleep than normal. Still several interruptions but seemed to fall back asleep a bit quicker. I felt slightly more lethargic than normal when I arose this morning but a bit more rested.

My normal routine is a small dose of ethanol extracted tincture (using a modified psam precedure) with my morning coffee. I was surprised that I was greeted with a much more uplifting effect than I normally experience.

I've now completed an additional freeze-heat cycle and plan to up the doseage to 10 drops tonight and will give an update tomorrow.

I can definitely attest that your recipe offers a positive difference over what I've been using. I'm looking forward to continued experimentation and afixing proper doseage for my needs.

Thanx
    BCDD

• Like Like x 1
  18. Try adding as many as 4 to 6 additional heat and freeze cycles for a better sleep aid.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  19. Thanx BNW. I remember a reference you made that repeated heat and freeze cycles changed thc to cbg (methinx) and can be conducive to sleep. I think I'm headed that way but I plan to do one additional cycle at a time and sample the results. Interested in comparing effects as I progress.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Experienced an exceptionally restless night in spite of the medication. Will continue with additional heat-freeze cycles with my fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 2