Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BrassNwood, Nov 12, 2016.

1. @J T
    Most all my recipes are based straight off her work I've just stripped it down over time to the lest amount of effort I can expend and still get all the strength possible from my meds. Since this is an all day every day medication I need it as up lifting, get up and go as I can so a single freeze is all I need as it's enough to soften the hash and get the grit texture to fade.
    I 50-50 let the caps melt in my mouth for faster onset and the freeze changes the texture smoothing the grittiness just a heat alone leaves.
    Kats dual and more cycles tends to make me nod off in the middle of the day when I don't want to so much.
    I don't grow huge plants so the base material is a homogenization of several strains so any changes in effects I accomplish in the processing side. If I need a real sleeper I'll do a 4 set of heat-freeze cycling and that is a guaranteed sleeper oil.
    Hope that helps.
    Decarb is hotter and longer based off Psams extensive testing 240 F for 40 minutes.
    My oil processing is 220 for 20. Keeps them easy to remember.
    Working with from 1 to 3 tablespoons of material and a metal dish it just doesn't need any longer to do it's work IME.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  2. #282 J T, Nov 22, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    Thank you so much. Is there anything you would recommend that I do further to ensure I have better completed the process after thus far? I decarbed at 220ish, for 30mins, which isn't a complete decarb in your opinion. Is there anything I can do to make up for this loss of processing? or should I just go with what I got? considering I cooked the mixture for 40mins on 220, plus left it in the oven after turning it off for the cool down duration.

And lastly, for capping with a syringe, how does this procedure work efficiently when the hash is left in the oil? I have never actually tried it but I feel like it would be messy trying to pull the hash particles up into the syringe with the oil, but hey what do I know?

EDIT: And don't be afraid to tell me I got screwed out of better potency and there is nothing else I can do. lol. I have more hash to spare and am merely trying to get it right.

Thanks,
    JT

• Like Like x 1
  3. UPDATE: I just decided to heat them up and then cap em, Figured out the whole syringe method. Took one and I'm feel a nice mild buzz :) happy for what its worth, but tommorrow I'm going to try it completely your way :)

PS: My first one ate through the gelatin cap... so I tried to mix it and after that it was fine. advice?

Thanks again :)

JT

4. @J T
    LOL your good to go on this batch.
    I found the syringe to be less then ideal and soon changed to a standard bent tip eyedropper.
    The 160 micron mesh I use for making hash is fine enough to use an eyedropper with no stalls or clogs.
    I do stir between each suckup-load to keep the hash bits evenly distributed in the caps.
    As for potency it's gonna be fine for a first try. What you see me do and explain is the end results of months and years of fine tuning my style.

Usually the hash-coconut oil caps are very stable and last for months at room temp without distorting or melting the caps. The RSO version I make did melt and soften the caps early on but that was my faulty incomplete purging and any remaining alcohol and water in the oil can destroy the caps in a few minutes.
    Once I switched to 190 proof most of that issue stopped occurring. Try freezing as soon as possible and that should help them hold shape. I know Kat has a pic of a cup surrounded with ice as she caps to keep the just filled caps cold but I haven't had that issue with my dry ice hash.
    Might be water hash and not totally dry. Can't think of another reason the caps melted. Sure they are gelatin and not vegen caps ?
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  5. It is dry sift keif. They are 'Now' brand Gelatin caps. and it melted a hole through by the time I was done filling it. Only the first one though. After that, I mixed the mixture and tried again and 15 caps later, and no problems. I jarred them and put them in the fridge and they are fine. They are also size 00, which I don't mind :) I have a decent tolerance. One is a perfect buzz :)

And thanks for the reassurance lol.

JT

• Like Like x 2
  6. Most
    [​IMG]
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
  7. Finally got around to taking one.... Amazing!!!!

• Like Like x 1

8. But they seem like very productive days to me!!!! Cant wait till I can grow in NJ and actually have access to a bunch of cheap but great quality bud and keif/hash like you, everytime I see your pictures of seemingly endless jars of lovely hash it reminds me how lucky I might be in the future if our new governor follows through with what he said and quickly legalises it once he take office!

• Like Like x 3
  9. @CVC4455
    Things are changing and fast. We just got a change in the law that makes what I've been doing for years legal.
    They took Ethanol and C02-Dry Ice off the meth processing hit list so it can't be used to prosecute cannabis extractors like myself any longer. Takes a HUGE load off my mind as everything I've been doing has been over that legal line for a long time.
    I do hope your new gov hold up his end of things and you guys get to grow.
    BNW

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Oh wow. I didn't know that. Figured you were in California or some other weed friendly place and didn't have to worry about any nonsense like that. But yeah I bet its a relief. Appearently for using everclear and making any tincture or edibles in NJ I'd get charged with not only possession but could also face manufacturing a controlled substance. Thats ridiculous. Our governor(and his party) kinda say we aren't responsible enough to grow it on our own(they say they are trying to learn from Colorado's mistakes?) I think its all about controlling it more so they can collect more taxes(it'll start out at like 7% tax but jump to 25% in a few years, I'm sure they see money signs!) I'd hate to not legally be allowed to grow a few plants for personal use, but I guess any decriminalization or legalization is better then its been.

Just wondering you said you dont grow huge plants, and seems like you have harvests quite often. So are you growing autoflowers? Or just plants that dont normally grow huge? And do you do it outdoors?

• Like Like x 1
  11. @CVCC445
    Southern California near the beach so my year round temps stay very moderate and I can flower outside 4 times a year.
    Photo period only and usually all clones but this past Aug I was gone a month and lost em all so a full restart in Sept.
    Jan 1st = Harvest, Take clones, Set out fully vegged clones from the veg shed.
    March 15th = Same
    June 1st = Same
    Oct 15th = Same
    Is how I break the year down to get the best use of my in ground spots dotted around the yard.
    I'm right under the landing path for one of the areas major airports and I can read the Firestone on the tires of the planes overhead.
    I keep my plants in the flower beds and no bigger then the tomatoes or the roses so from the air it's no different then any other yard. A patch of six 12 foot cannabis plants is really easy to see in the center of a back yard. It wasn't near so legal when I started and I've kept the same general routine even with the relaxation of the laws.
    6 to 8 foot is a big plant for me and I'll get a couple of plants that big in my best spots. The rest of the sites are far more shaded and only get half day of full sun but they'll still be quality just not a lot of quantity.
    An American Dream - White Picket Fences and Marijuana in the So Cal Sun
    Whole show is here.
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
  12. @brass.... has you or anyone you talk to ever try making these with a pure distillate??? I'm thinking of trying it also, thinking of doing pure sativa and only cycling once then heavy Indica with like 4 or 5 cycles... also maybe getting high cbd strains.... you really opened a door for me man this is the best! Also i think I'm going to pick up some mct oil do a side by side see if it's worth the extra $10 a bottle

• Like Like x 1
  13. @jujuofthebush
    Haven't had the opportunity to play with any of the distillate yet so I'll be curious about your results if you work with it.
    By all means do experiment with various numbers of cycles and see what does it best for you.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  14. @brass i really love the caps i made they were perfect I'm just thinking of doing more cycles on heavy Indica strains so it can just be night night medicine

• Like Like x 1
  15. @brass got a gram of distillate to try, also i figured out why my caps were so clear last time, i never heated tye coconut oil to mix all the oil was at the top this time i did oil looks a lot different going to buy mct oil today cause well i want too lol, question for night night caps how many cycles should i try do you think 4 is enough???

16. @jujuofthebush
    Should be. Do a tiny batch and some testing.
    I find as long as I stay upright I'm good through the day. Lay back or down and it's lights out. I don't need a sleeper oil as such just stretching out flat and I'm usually gone.
    When I do cook up sleeper grade oil for other people it's been 4 cycles and knocks them out like flipping a switch.
    .BNW

• Like Like x 2
  17. @brass seen a old post of yours in a differ thread that says the pure mct oil goos the gel caps? Hmm i already bought it and dont want to take it back do you think my caps would be safe if i did 2 tsp coconut oil 1/2tsp mct oil.... my other caps didint disintegrate or anything but they were gone in a week.... now that I'm making a normal size batch i have to care about that cause they probably wont go in a week lol,

18. @jujuofthebush
    Hmmmm let me think on that one. I suspect I may have still been having issues with water in my RSO back then.
    As far as I know the MCT is refined palm and coconut oil just fractionated so in and of it's self it shouldn't have any more effect on the caps then plain coconut oil does.
    You've got both so cap up some plain MCT and let it set out at room temp a few days and see if it gets soft.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hahahahaha i never thought to just cap up straight oil silly me

• Like Like x 1
  20. BrassNwood:Thanks for the great pics and details. From what I've read your heat cycle is 220f for 20min. How long is your typical freeze cycle?

Can you explain what kind of product results you've found doing 2/3/4 cycles of heat/freeze?