Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BrassNwood, Nov 12, 2016.

1. @Possuum
    My other half remains the highest dosed person I know with edibles. 1979 my elderly neighbor with bladder cancer asked me if I could make pot brownies for her. What we cooked up was 50% blender bud dust and 50% flour. No decarb but holy shit, hang on to your Hat. The tester was a 1 inch cube and the wife stayed locked in her room for just about 10 hours. Wanted no light and no sound. Later experimentation showed less then a #2 pencil eraser worth was a moon shot. Gave the neighbor a 1 inch cube with direction of using a rice grain or less and we kept the other 8 cubes of it. That frozen long dried to stone "Super Brownie" was around for years as the emergency stash that was like dropping a tab of Acid. It always was to much and left you breathless and somewhere beyond Pluto.

BNW

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. well that certainly could explain her ~6 hr experience. she was whacked out. hey! she asked for it and voluntary ingested it. :confused_2: :laughing:.

I’ll treat it with more respect for her next dosage. you have a great thread brother. BadKat would approve!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

3. that’s what I call a good time!

• Like Like x 1
  4. a little update. as I’m often known to say, “quid pro quo mofo”. I purposefully did to myself with my product what I accidentally did to my wife only I upped the ante - I ate 4 measured grams of my goo at 3:00 pm. by 7:00’ish i was so messed up I couldn’t really function. long story short I was violently blowing chunks for about 30 mins. I managed to crawl in bed where seemingly pretty much passed out.

i’ve eaten my fair share of mush in years lately - up to ~7g on one occasion (3-5 gr is my “normal”), and I am certainly no stranger to being highly inebriated on many legal and illegal substances - I’m no rookie when it comes to getting to altered states of mind. that 4gr of whatever it was I made simply whacked me out. it was narcotic. I felt better after the purge but I was still loopy for a few hours.

much respect for the concentrated T. :eek2: :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. I’ve got 7g of commercial Moroccan hash that I’ve been meaning to try making a tincture from rather than the coco caps, which I still have plenty of.
    I had covid for the 1st time recently, which came with a lot of nausea & I found my bud tincture a lot more palatable than the caps.
    My tolerance has also gone down a fair bit due to not indulging daily any more as I did when I first discovered the cap method, so as the caps are fixed in terms of strength I find dosing easier with a tincture.
    So, am I right in thinking that following the 40min 240 deg decarb all I need to do is dissolve the hash in the alcohol? No freezing or anything?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. Yes, that will work. 240F for 40 minutes.Then just mix with your alcohol. Strain or not. Do break down your hash into smaller pieces for decarb. I love both the process of making tincture as well as the product! I've never had the pleasure of working with hash. Enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yeah, usually slice it quite thin & spread it out on the dish for decarb. Hash is a lot harder to find in UK these days. I guess it's who you know. Used to be the other way round back in the day, good bud a rarity. Occasionally thai sticks would come around. It's mostly bud now.
    Any idea how much alcohol to use? I was thinking 100ml. I don't need it to be super concentrated. Quite happy to take a 2 dropper full hit rather than the 1 I take of GD tincture that I reduced about 50%, which gave me around 50 ml.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Correct. Decompress if needed, Decarb, Add Booze = done.
    Tincture Calculator - Make Highly Potent Blends with the Correct Dosage (volcanotips.com)
    Use 50% for Hash and you'll be close enough.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  9. The calculator is a nice idea but I can’t work with fl oz. Prefer mls. & THC potency doesn’t mean much to me either, although happy to accept 15% as a rule of thumb.
    Didn’t really get what you mean by use 50% for hash.
    Do you have a ballpark quantity of alcohol to use for 7g?

10. Hi! When I have hash I mostly make caps, but I make tincture with it as well as the taste is great IMO.

Depending on the quality of your hash I will use 2-3 grams for not much concentrated tincture and will mix them with 30 ml of alcohol. It’s hard to determine the potency of your hash by a photo, but if this is Moroccan hash I guess if it’s good quality it will be around 20-25% THC. At least - here in the Netherlands, good Moroccan hash will be around that potency.
    2 grams will give you 400-500mg per bottle. If it sounds too much - just start with 1 gram.

Decarb 1 gram of hash, take 30ml of alcohol, mix and stir - the hash will get into powder. You can still suck it with a dropper or you can stay away from the sludge which will fall on the bottom.
    If it’s too weak - Decarb 1 gram more and throw it in the same bottle. Shake and check the potency until you find the sweet spot.

PS: I take my tincture with a small amount of water in a glass and squish it in my mouth before swallowing. It works really fast. That how I estimate if I made my tincture too concentrated. I’m not a scientist, but I found that putting a dropper in small amount of water will make the water milky - like ouzo. If your tincture is too concentrated, the oil will separate and will float on top. This means that the bioavailability of your tincture has been decreased and you need to add more alcohol to the point when shooting a dropper in small amount of water doesn’t separate the oil.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. That’s great info thanks. I was hoping you’d see my post & reply. I remember you posted about hash tincture before but couldn’t remember where. I guess you’re right that I should start with 1 or 2g as a test & work out the process as well as my preferred dose through trial & hopefully not too much error lol. But that’s all part of the fun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. You are kindly welcome. Brass is using less hash in the tincture, but I am sure this is because his hash is way more potent than what we can get from Morocco.
    Tincture is good product - it has its place. Compared to oils, I won’t call it less potent, but less trippy. I love both products, and use the tincture daytime - it leaves me functional. Night time I take oil - just from the dropper as well as I got plenty of bottles, but I finished the capsules.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Second time trying my BrassCaps made with as much powdered lecithin as I could work into the little bit of oil. I always have said lecithin didn't do anything for me, but I think I wasn't using enough of it. I'm not sure of the mg of these caps so made three sizes from 75% to 25% full. I took one of the 75 and one 25 this morning at 5:00 on an empty stomach and will let you know how it goes. IMG_3310.JPG

As an aside I'm always surprised when I see a photo of my hands. I don't remember getting old, but damn, I am.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. The Difference Between Liquid & Powder Lecithin | National Lecithin

Try the Liquid as it works best in primarily Oil mixes.
    Fearn Liquid has been my choice for nearly 10 years

15. I got a mild, pleasant stone from the two caps. Next time I'll up the dose a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  16. BrassNwood, 8 minutes ago
    Last edited: A moment ago
    [​IMG]

I was already a few handfuls into this bucket of last summer's grow.

[​IMG]

Command chair.

[​IMG]

Hashmaster 5000

[​IMG]

Bucket #2 and with so much dry ice (15 pounds) I did a few jars past this.

[​IMG]

Pre-run bucket loaded.

[​IMG]

Scraps left after power shaking.

[​IMG]

Well packed so 20 grams a jar when I do that so right at 300 grams I'd guess.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. BrassNwood, A moment ago
    [​IMG]

15 grams per side.

[​IMG]

Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes

[​IMG]

3 tablespoons Coconut Oil and 1/2 teaspoon Lecithin.

[​IMG]

90 capsules

BNW

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. I had one of my new caps made with lecithin and rosin. Second time trying them and I'm glad I didn't take more than one this time. It kicked my butt. I'm new to using lecithin and am now a fan.

• Winner Winner x 3
  19. New#8215BrassNwood, A moment ago
    [​IMG]

2 more 15 gram piles.

[​IMG]

The usual suspects.

[​IMG]

Finished the decarb on the bud scraps.

[​IMG]

Starting to Cap.. Did another 90 so 180 for the last 2 days.

BNW

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  20. I weigh out cob cured Malawi with a gram scale. 0.25 gr is a very stiff dose.
    Be careful out there.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1