Hallucinating Audio

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by PilkyHigh, Jan 13, 2010.

1. This is what I do when I'm really high at night and it's all quiet. Because it's so quiet, my ears are so sensitive and my mnd starts blowing what I've heard what out of proportion and hence hallucinitating the audio. It can be freaky thought when it's linked with the paranoia that sometimes comes with getting high.

2. Yes! It works sober too but if you are super duper high when you do this it is soo fun. And you can do it with eyes closed or open.

I was super duper high, listening to Owl City with my eyes closed and all of a sudden I get these awesome memory flashes of sledding down a hill and crashing into a pile of hay. It was euphoria

3. Lol I think he is not talking about hallucinating because of audio, but actually creating auditory hallucinations.

Um, IDK if I do this, my ears sure become sensitive at night and I hear all sorts of quiet things. Like the screen of my ipod, the battery symbol flashes white/green when charging, and I can hear a change of the very high pitch that comes from the ipod when the screen changes. It's annoying. My mind grabs any isolated sound when I'm trying to go to sleep and focuses on it, making it impossible to go to sleep. To sleep I either need complete silence (when in a setting where you would normally be sleeping such as a bed or couch in a room) or music loud enough to drown out ambient sounds in a place where you normally don't sleep (a desk at school, for instance). Strangely I can't go to sleep when I'm listening to music in bed.

4. yeah i get this but i usually freak out cus i think if i can hear everyone then evryone can hear me, and i dont wanna get caught so it gets really annoying.