Halfway in my first grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by KamelRedLight, May 29, 2006.

1. :)

2. Ok so I was too lazy to update yesterday. Sorry guys, I smoke weed. Temps have lowered from the 90s to the mid/low 80s, and humidity has been low. Mama is vegging now by herself under 50w of 6500k CFL. JollyRoger227 has named my new female Baby Girl, so I guess that's what I'll use. She's doing well in her new soil, seeming to like it. I don't think there's any pollen in my boy yet. I'm thinking of trying to get pollen off a cutting in water, I read that works. If I took one now, would it live long enough to drop pollen? So I could kill the rest of it? Cuz he's just in the way now. Tell me what you all think.

Attached Files:

3. you got some nice lookin babies there man +rep

4. Thanks smackem. I don't know what this girl is gonna be, it's one of two possibilities. Either some of your average quality beasters, or some reeeally frosty stuff. I don't know what bag this seed came from, but obviously I'm hoping for the second. I just want you all to know, I just opened my jar of buds to air it out...oh the smell. I have allergies and my nose is clogged, but it powers right through. So sweet and fruity...:yummy: I done gooood.

5. Hey just a thought concerning your male, if you are only looking for a little pollen to pollenate a bud or 2, why not use a clear plastic bag over the entire plant? As long as the plastic isn't touching your girls, all you will do is burn the leafs on the male. Just need to use an air pump to push new air in your bag. ok yeah, not sure what to use but put should have something like cotton to keep the pollen from slipping out the bottom.

6. Nice buds you pulled off that plant, I can almost smell them from here :p Are you planning on re-vegging her? Or you just finishing out the flower process?

7. Glad everyone likes my buds! And right, I'm reveging for a clone or two. My male is getting pretty N deficient now, most of the lower leaves have died. Oops. It'll live long enough to donate to the pollen bank though right? When can I take a cutting to leave in water?
    Chimera, I was thinking of using a bag somehow, but I don't think I'd be able to pull it off, either letting pollen out, or killing him before he bursts. I wanna try the cutting in the water trick.

Attached Files:

8. I just noticed I never showed you all my newbie attempt at hash making. I used an empty Snapple Apple bottle, 91% Isopropyl alcohol, my mound of dried clippings, leaves, and stems of unknown weight, mixed together in the morning, brought to work and shaken throughout the day, and filtered through a coffee filter at night. I left it over night and not much evaporated, so I put my fan from my plants on the pan and it evaporated in a few hours. Looks like a wet rabbit turd. Haven't smoked any yet, I'll report on that soon.

Attached Files:

9. Congrats on your grow man.

How much did them L.E.D.'s set you back?? did you have the blue and red?

what was your yeild?

I made a little bit of Iso oil last night, good stuff. Mine came out really dry though?

did you mix your weed and alcohol for hours cause I think it should've only been

a minute tops together for a quality smoke. I think anything after a minute and the

Chlorophyll starts to break down.

+rep none the less

10. Shouse what's up? The LED bar was I think $150, pretty expensive for what it can do, since I wouldn't trust it growing a plant on its own, although I will try this someday as they advertise it being equivalent to a 125w hps or something. I yielded about 17g dried. And for the hash, I thought you were supposed to mix it for a long time...oops. Oh well that would explain the blackness of mine. Thanks for the rep!
    I woke up this morning and peeked in the grow room to find my boy had busted two of his nuts. I hope this doesn't mean my girl is pollenated, she's just starting out showing a few pistils. He paid the ultimate price for that. I will isolate his head that I'm keeping alive in water till it drops pollen on a glass pan. Now I read pollen is only good for a few days...is this true? Cuz I'm gonna need it for a couple months down the road.

Attached Files:

11. aw I hope the dude didn't touch baby girl :(

But that lil ball of hash was pretty cool we should definetly try that shit out soon

Call ya later and we'll go otter covin k? :smoking:

12. very nice grow!!! Ah bastards bustin nuts everywhere haha. I hope your girl is okay. No idea about the pollen.

13. I thought you were going to put that male in a separate, enclosed room. Your girls might have seeds now. The pollen if stored correctly can last over a year.

14. I had no where to put him vtec. I put him outside the closet and just chillin by my fan in my room (blowing outside), and for last night I let him back in the room to get outta my way, and a couple pollen sacks break open. Go figure. Do you think maybe my fan blowing on my girl coulda kept the pollen off? Cuz the female was between the fan and the male, so maybe it just blew it in the other direction? There are barely any pistils, so even if a few do get polinated, much more buds are to come without pollen right? Or are those entire bud sites gonna go to seed?

15. Entire bud to seed I think.
    We will see, maybe the females are not far enough along yet to get knocked up. Time will tell.

16. Hello again. It is now day 9 of flowering for Baby Girl, my new female under LST, and day 9 of reveg for Big Mama, my harvested female. Mama doesn't look very happy. Those calcium spots are persisting, though very slowly. I've put her back on tap water, and have been feeding her Fox Farms Grow Big. She's drooping too, even after a watering. Still green though, so I'm not too worried. Interestingly enough, my male cutting hasn't dropped any more pollen yet. And I think I'll make a seperate thread for Baby Girl, as she is really my second grow.

Attached Files:

17. Jesus look at the balls on that boy. I am sure he has blown his wad all over, I just hope he was far enough away from the brauds when he did.

18. Actually, I don't know what his deal is but he hasn't dropped any more pollen, so I killed the experiment cuz he was just dying away. I have plenty of seeds on my other plant from him. New growth FINALLY coming out of Mama's little buds. It looks weird, a couple bud leaves with a stem shooting out of it with real leaves on it. She still isnt looking very lively though. Leaves are curling and crispy, but only the real big ones. Hoping to take a couple clones soon.

Attached Files:

19. The inside of the plant has exploded with new growth out of the old bud sites. This just goes to show that when you do plan on revegging, LEAVE BUDS ON, or at least small pieces of buds, because this is where the growth mainly comes from. Trimmed off some sickly leaves to make more light for the new healthy ones. Take a look!

Attached Files: