Halfway in my first grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by KamelRedLight, May 29, 2006.

1. Alrighty, rise and shine little ones! So far I'm feeling good about the LED + soft white CFL combo. Every node has a second pair of branches on it, and some of those branches have branches. I clipped off the oldest leaves since they didn't look too lively, especially the single blade leaf which was the same ugly yellow the other one turned. The other two had a couple random brown spots and were curled in odd ways. Plus, after reading Dierwolf talk about trimming, I couldn't see a reason to leave those leaves on. As for full scale trimming, I'll wait till I've gotten a plant under my belt. Today I get a new timer to put on the babies, as big mama is going into flowering now. Going to need more light sealing though, because when it was daytime upstairs and nighttime down, a little light did seep in, but no brighter than a moon lit night. Here are some pictures.

Attached Files:

2. Since I switched out the lights and put her into flowering, my baby hasn't seemed to grow much at all. I gave in to temptations and mildly LST'd, and I think it's helping the new lower growth, but still not too much is happening. Does growth slow down when flowering begins? I see tiny tiny growth out of where the flowers come from, so I'm hoping to see sex soon! Pics on the way.

3. IT'S A GIRL!!!!! :hello: White hairs confirmed at 2nd to top node! Leaving for Bonnaroo, update with pics when I get back.

4. Bonnaroo was awesome! But where the hell were all the buds? Oh well. Big Mama has gotten bigger since I left, and there are hairs comin from everywhere! The slope I put in the stem with the LST helped a lot... looks like I'm gonna have a decent bush. I wish this camera took better pictures so you could see all the flowers. One of the leaves reached up and grabbed the light, burning itself, so I amputated. Other than that we're doin good!

Attached Files:

5. Regarding the soft whites, I figured that since they have a color temperature of 2700k which is pretty red and close to that of HPS, they'd work better for flowering. I will testify they do little for the vegging, and yeah 6500k lights like the daylight ones I got work a lot better in veg state. I could be wrong, but so far they seem to be doin her good.

6. 9 days into flowering. Got flowers popping up all over. Here are some blurry pictures. Also a couple shots of the kids, one got burnt while i was away, the other one is staying short and stout. Thinking of full blown LST'ing the tall one.

Attached Files:

7. they are growing steady

8. Looking good. Hoping my first grow goes aswell. I think im gonna attempt some LST on itleast one of the 2 plants i intend to grow (im Germinating atm). You are definetly right about the 2700K for flowering, keep it up.

- Bo

9. Hey thanks for checkin in. I didn't get home in time from work to visit my plants, but in the dark it looks good. Tomorrow I might start tieing down the taller of the kids, and make a big ol bush out of it.

Bo glad you're seeds sprouted ok, I'll be watchin your jounal.

Later...

10. You won't regret LST'ing your lady, KamelRedLight. If anything, you'll regret not having jumped on the LST bandwagon sooner. I started LST'ing my lady after she recovered from her FIM'ing during the third week of veg. Right now I'm approaching my third week of flowering and I've got a branch from the 3rd node with six nickel-sized budsites developing in addition to the main cola. The extra light penetration works wonders.

Good luck and be careful not to snap your stem since your lady is previously untrained and will resist.

11. Pewpil you said it I've got branches that woulda just fallen by the wayside, growing what looks like are gonna be big nugs just cuz they got a chance to reach for the sky. I tied down the taller vegging plant. It's doing better now, after it dropped it's last severely damaged leaf (that makes 3 it dropped). The other one I'm gonna let grow vertically. I'm sick of the blurry pics and I'm going to buy a better camera, cuz I wanna capture all the bud sites. I think Mama's doin pretty well, and I wanna know what everyone else thinks.
    Later...

12. New camera! Finally you can see what's goin on in there! This is day 14 of flowering tell me what ya'll think.

Attached Files:

13. Day 16 of Flowering
    Power went out this morning right as the lights turned on. I'm not sure how long it was out cuz I had to leave for another exciting day of community service, but based on my flashing clock, they lost about 3 hours of day, which isn't too bad. I watered all the plants and gave Big Mama her first feeding of fertilizer, and all three plants got a drop of Superthrive in their drink. I saw the little bottle in wal mart and I thought "hmm this would fit into my pocket nicely." Let's see what happens!

Check out the last shot of one of the kids. I didn't top it, but the main stem somewhere along the line stopped growing and the two side branches took over. This plant is just weird, it's had some deformed leaves too, but always looked a bright glowing green. It came from the same bag as the second baby, but they are in no way the same plant... I think it was two types of bud in one bag (not mine, a kid gave em to me).

The LST'd baby is keeping its damaged leaves, and I figure if it doesn't wanna drop em I won't pick em off.

Enjoy the pics. Mary Jane is a beautiful plant...

Attached Files:

14. looking good... how much did that digi cam cost you? plants look like they have good crystal formation at an early stage of flowering=always a good thing... hows the smell?

15. Hey Dre. The camera came to about $160 with tax, including a case. An awesome deal, it takes good close ups even at lower resolutions. And ohhh the smell! When she was a baby she had this strong very skunky smell, but now it's getting a little fruity, more like how I remember the buds smelling when I bought em. I can't wait!!!

16. thats real tight... hey man, check out the recent pics in my FLa outdoor thread... i finally got them up. let me know what you think...

17. I couldn't see the reason to let a perfectly good bulb slack off and stay in its packaging just because I didn't have another lamp. My lights are now 3x 26w soft white CFL (1700 Lumens each) and my LED plant bar, which I think is actually 40w, because on the power supply it says the output is 24v 1.67a, and if I remember correctly I x V = W so 24v x 1.67a = 40W.

18. Day 18 of flowering
    Lookin/smellin good! As it turns out the LED bar is only 5.3w...the power supply is 40w cuz you can rig 8 of these in series. Lots of bud sites are beefing up. More than 30 little buds, not counting the little insignificant ones. Anyone have an idea how much this plant could yield in the end?

Attached Files:

19. lookin good baby :) TADA I found you and mama!