Half plant eaten by snail overnight

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ngrower35, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Hey guys!

I woke up to a bad morning as I found my 25 days old Royal Gorilla auto half eaten by a snail overnight. Picture is below and I’m wondering if there is a chance it will come back or is it going to die. Also yesterday my plants got their weekly spray of neem solution as pesticide and it didn’t prevent snail from eating leaves. Do you know any good organic snail prevention? Thank you in advance

Attached Files:

2. Unlucky mate. Get some copper wire though. That's what my auld man does. Coil it round something to make a little copper fence and put a couple layers of it together, right round the outside of the pot..slugs n snails react to copper, it burns them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. think you can even buy the copper barrier that goes around the top of the pots from gardening shops,,mac,

4. Thanks for the reply, will try copper wire and beer trap as well, I hope it doesn’t happen again

5. I had slugs/snails eat on my freshly planted flowers. Was frustrating.

My mother-in-law, who does a lot of gardening, suggested the beer traps. I was going to do that, but we got storms last night. So I purchased "Corey's slug and snail killer" since they had it at Home Depot. They're just little pellets and safe to pets, and to handle.

6. But do you think it will come back and have decent yield as the other gorilla same age has first signs of flowering? Or do you think it would be better to buy and germinate new seed while it’s still good time to grow?

7. If it's strong it'll bounce back man, I say keep it going. If anything it'll let you stagger your harvest a bit

Sent from my LG-K371 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ^ I agree. Plants will generate new growth if their roots are healthy.