Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Half oz Blackberry OG Kush

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by dlm, May 27, 2012.

1. Thanks man, its got a purple taste to it. And its got that kushy feel to it.

2. Absolutely beautiful. Not even a speck of green, just orange and purple.

3. Just the way I like it. :yay:

4. holy wow damn that bud doesn't have any green at all must be some flameeeee.

5. Once had some bud like that, with almost no green on it too, was almost black it was so purple, and my guy said it was called Lampshade Mist lmfao

6. I thought it didn't matter how purple it gets and that the only reason it's purple is cus of how it was grown. :confused_2:

7. Theres green,But that looks like candy.

8. Sometimes growers alter the pH or the temperature to create purple weed, but some strains are naturally purple.

"Other than green, purple is the most common color in living marijuana. Triggered by seasonal temperature changes (just as trees change color in the fall), the vibrant hues of the mature pot plant are also the result of genetics and the creativity of the cultivator or breeder.

Indoors and outdoors, color can be influenced by deficiencies as well as by temperature. The intense green of chlorophyll usually overpowers other colors, such as red, orange and the coveted purple. Chlorophyll tends to break down late in the season, and a pigment known as anthocyanin is unmasked and allowed to show through.

For purple color to develop upon maturation, a strain must have the genetic potential to produce anthocyanin pigments. However, the color might never be shown if environmental conditions don't cause chlorophyll breakdown. Colombian and Hindu Kush strains tend to develop purple coloration when subjected to low night temperatures during the end of their life cycles. Purple Orangutan, originally from Afghanistan with heavy traits of the Hindu Kush, produces some of the darkest purple and blue tones found in any marijuana strain.

Another pigment called carotenoid is largely responsible for the yellow, orange, red and brown colors of marijuana. These colors begin to show in the leaves and calyxes of certain strains as the green chlorophyll color fades. Gold strains reveal underlying yellow and orange pigments as they mature. Red strains are usually closer to reddish brown in color, though certain carotenoid and anthocyanin pigments are nearly red, and streaks of these colors occasionally appear in the petioles (the slender stems supporting the leaflets) in ripe flowers. The red color in pressed, low-grade tops often consists of masses of reddish-brown dried pistils."

9. Very dank stuff!

10. I agree orange and purple make a beautiful color combo. Especially on these buds. Looks like some exquisite dank, my friend. Enjoy that shit. :smoke:

11. [quote name='"WOAHAAHOAH"']I agree orange and purple make a beautiful color combo. Especially on these buds. Looks like some exquisite dank, my friend. Enjoy that shit. :smoke:[/quote]

How will you smoke it first ?

12. shit that looks crazy, looks pretty dense to me?

13. im jealous, thats one of my favorite straiins. I love the taste. when grown right,

14. and that looks like it was grown right.... but you never know until you hit it

15. Yea the buds are somewhat dense, but it was grown to perfection. Has a great berry/fruity taste to it and smokes like a champ!

16. wooow never had that respect

17. Thanks for the rep!

18. dank as puck. yea i said puck.