Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Half Ounce In 1 Cup Coconut Oil?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PhoenixTattoo, Jul 18, 2014.

1. I've been a daily smoker about 6 months for migraines. Grandma just got a script for back pain and just picked up some good stuff. No idea what it is, but it's freshly harvested, organic, dense, and has some purple in it.

She want some edibles (she doesn't like to smoke) so we ground up half an ounce. I've got about a cup of organic cold pressed coconut oil (I'm allergic to dairy). Is this enough oil? How strong will it be? What's the simplest way to get it from grinder to gullet? There are a LOT of recipes out there and I'm a little overwhelmed! We want a batch of brownies (which calls for half a cup) and some rice crispy treats (2 trays, 2tbsp each...though I'm not sure if they'll be strong enough to be worth it).

I found one recipe that called for a cup water, cup oil, and half ounce of bud. Could I throw it in a crockpot, strain, chill, separate?

And HOW LONG do I simmer for? I hear everything from 3 hours to 3 days! I wanna get all we get out of it, but it's friday and I don't want to wait all weekend (though I will if it's necessary, of course).

2. There lot of different recipes. Problem i see, it a fine line between decarbaxalting ur herb, so fit for consumption. N over cooking n killing the thc. Id suggest decarbing herb at 240f for 1 hour. Then grinding it to a powder. Mix it in a cream or glaze. That way u dnt have to cook it, n it still an edible. Honestly i never gotten more than weed burps and indigestion from consumption.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

^^If this is true, why would I want to use your method? It obviously doesn't work.

I'm not trying to be rude. I'm stoned off the fabulous brownies I made from my method and I couldn't think of a more elegant way to say what  I was thinking.

4. Lol ive never tried my method lol. N ive eaten some bunk home made brownies. So either lack of decarb or overcooked. Really it just to give edible a kick with medicated cream or frosting. Honestly though i read about having high metabolism. I guess this causes ppl to not be able to absorb edibles

5. 240F for an hour is too long, and too hot..... your method probably just doesn't work bud.

6. #6 sickmanfraud, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2014
    240C is TOO HOT for decarb. 220 for 30 minutes will work better. If still damp add a few minutes up to 10 minutes.

I know that there are numerous recipes that use water to make oil. Bad Kitty Smiles (BKS) has a stickies thread. That has step by step instructions for medical grade cannabis oil.

If your grandmother is going to use these brownies often you may want to use something with less calories and easier dosing. You do not want grandma to "green out " on you

psychadelicSam has a thread called "Another Tincture thread. --Try it you'll like it". And another called dragon lite.

For just the recipe and decarb instructions the dragon lite may be better. Ask your questions there and you will be helped by folks with a lot of experience.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

You got it right there my friend.  It's as simple as that.  For a crockpot I would do it for a few hours.  Anything over 3-4 hours is way overkill and unnecessary.

Just make sure it reaches a simmer for at least half hour.

8. You definitely have enough oil i used 1oz of ganj and 2 cups of coconut oil. Made a batch of basic sugar cookies and they came out great i used 1 cup of oil in a recipe and wound up with 40 cookies, 1/4 of a cookie is enough to get me baked.
    let me know if you need the recipe and step by step instruction on what i did.

I have an extremely fast metabolism (6'3 160 pounds).  I eat can whatever I want and not gain wait.  Large pizza for snack? No problem.

I've had edibles that put me in a coma, made me think I was going to die, and overall just completely phucked.  I can get hella baked from a 0.5g firecracker.  

10. I also have a fast metabolism and have never had a problem with getting the desired effect with edibles. If anything I find that I feel the body stone coming way before any of my friends with slower metabolisms. (180 pounds 5'11)
    On a side note, ever get weird looks when devouring two roasted chickens for lunch before? ;) 

11. @Ghostdawg    Hello,  could you please tell me your recipe for your sugar cookies.  I made some coconut oil and would like to know the next step.  Thank you for your time.

12. Go for broke and add an entire ounce to the coconut oil. Let's get high.

13. sure man no problem the original recipe calls for the use of butter but i just used the coconut oil instead here goes.

Ingredients:
    1 cup of oil
    1 1/3 cup of sugar
    1 large egg
    2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
    3 cups of all purpose flour
    2 teaspoons of cream of tartar
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon of salt

Topping Mix;
    1/4 cup granulated sugar
    1 teaspoon of cinnamon

Preheat oven to 325
    in a bowl mix together the topping mix and set aside
    in a different bowl mix all your dry ingredients then add the wet ingredients mixing everything thoroughly
    grab about 2 tablespoons of dough roll it into a ball and form it into a cookie shape, roll it around in your topping mix and bake on a non stick pan for about 10-11 minutes

And that's it enjoy :yummy:

14. Thank you for the recipe, I will try it today!

15. #15 dankness420, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
    I would grind 1/2 ounce, wrap in tin foil and decarb for 20 mins, while decarbing put cup of oil in crock pot and let it melt down, once decarbed add herb to crock pot and stir every 10-20 mins, cook for as long as possible, I shoot for 4 hours and seems to work great.  Once you are satisfied with cooking time strain out bud(BECAREFUL IT IS HOT!!).  I usually let it solidify and melt it as I need it. 

Honestly there are tons of ways to do it so you just need to find what works for you.  Look into soy lecithin for more potent oil. 

Also you can put the oil in capsules and consume them.  This is great if you plan on using edibles on the daily and don't want to be eating brownies all the time.  They can be fattening.

16. Thanks to all, the cookies turned out great.