half assed grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by theBreadCompany, May 22, 2009.

1. So there were some seeds in my mids i bought and i figured, why not...
    I started to germinate them yesterday, one of the seeds has begin to split today.
    I'm gonna let it go for another day or so, and then pretty much just go stick it in the ground. I know it's late in the season to start growing, but i don't really care.
    Basically, i'm gonna stick it in the ground and let it do it's thing. It is a weed, so it shouldn't have too much trouble growing, right? Of course i'll be checking it, protecting it from slugs/small animals etc. But one question i do have is how often should it be watered, and about how much?

2. Well that all kinda depends on the area your located in, how much rain you usually get, and where you decide to plant it. Try to find a stream or creek that you can put your seeds in the ground nearby, this will make getting water to them much eaiser. Smaller plants need less water but more frequent waterings, and big plants require more water and at less intervals. If you can you should keep it inside for the first 2 weeks of its life to help it along. Nature can be a tough place for fresh MJ sprouts.

3. start the seeds in trays or pots. till the growing area with a shovel or a garden claw. Put 2-3 gallons of good store bought soil under the clay soil and remove excess clay soil. You should leave 2-4 inches of the hole unfilled at the top. Fill the hole with 2-4 inches of grass clippings on top. The grass clippings act as a mulch and keep the soil from drying. When your seedlings stretch some (enough to reach above the grass clipping but still be planted well in the soil) water the soil with about a gallon of water and plant your plants and make sure the grass clippings cover all of the soil when you plant the plants. Come back every 2-3 weeks and give it a gallon of water. You will have monsters its not too late in the season. Ive planted as late as june 22 and had plants 3-4ft tall by budding time.

4. okay thanks guys. my seeds have germinated well, so i'll get started on this stuff asap

5. This is so funny. I did exactly the same thing a little over a week ago. I germinated 4 seeds, of which 3 popped. I stuck those in the ground outside of my porch, and water them every day. Only 2 of those 3 came up, and they're about 3/4 inch right now. It's so exciting.

They'll probably get cut down or sprayed with weed killer (pun intended) by the apartment staff at some time, but until then, I'll keep an eye on them. They only get like 6 hours of direct light a day. Basically this is a half half-assed grow. Meaning, I doubt they'll reach any kind of maturity, but I wanted to see how hard it really is to grow without any special care, and so I have a better idea when I buy my AK-47 seeds.