Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hairy Buds...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by nightride, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Just got these...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some of them I can't peel off, because they're mega solid buds.  Anything I need to worry about?

2. #2 Thicken Dense, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2014
    Nope, it's just a real shitty trim job. Should smoke fine.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Those are called Pistils. They are what the plant uses to catch pollen. Totally normal and okay to smoke.

4. Bad trim and more than likely an improper cute. It looks like my first harvest did lol.

5. I like pistils. Sweet flavor and a nice head change.

6. Ummm... Noone trims pistils.  Why are people saying it's a bad trim job?

Looks like some oldschool shit to me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. hahahaha I remember when me and my friends used to take off all the pistils and just smoke bowls of it for fun...soon after smoked bowls of bud of course

8. lol at people talking about trimming pistils. Bliss, I've done the same thing, but never trimmed them specifically for the purpose of getting rid of them. I actually grabbed a strain a little while back (power kush) because of how hairy it was. I was calling it "Fire Crotch" though and for the record, there's nothing wrong with a lot of pistils. I've heard some strains are just naturally "hairy" and that others it could also be a sign of being harvested a little early as the pistils will recede when the buds are finishing up. I'm no expert cannabis cultivator though, so don't take that as 100% accurate. Regardless, it's not gonna hurt you or anything...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. I smoked a whole bowl of orange hairs and didn't get high. I said it had a bad trim job because it does, I can see sugar leaves everywhere and one leaf fully in tact with all 5 blades (the whole leaf). That's a bad trim job in my book. I'm not saying it's bad bud, I never said that at all.

Not trying to be a dick or anything. He wasn't asking about the trim though, but rather, the hairs. While a shitty trim job can add unwanted weight, there's nothing to worry about with the hairs/pistils. Of course, I don't know what they're primarily composed of, the % of cannabinoids or terpenes in them, etc., but I do know that it's not something OP has to worry about.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I missed what he even said under the huge picture, my bad. I usually like bud that's really hairy, am is one of my favorite strains and it's loaded. No sense in peeling them off though they aren't going to hurt you. If you pull anything off let it be the leaves. Like used to pluch sugar leaves until I had a bunch saved and I'd do a qwiso run with them. Something to think about.

Very much agreed. I prefer picking up wonderfully trimmed buds, but if they're not, it doesn't break my heart as I do the same as you. I'll trim it up myself and toss everything picked off into a dedicated jar to be used at a later date. Don't have to do that as often these days though unless I end up snagging a couple grams from a dispensary near by. Anyway, case closed. Smoke that shit OP.

13. Hair in such a morphology indicates that the bud was harvested too early.

14. I love hairy buds. Bad trim job or not, looks good to me, I'd take some.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. man i'd put these hair in a bowl and smoke it

16. I know this is an old thread, but buds that I've seen that look like that usually have been grown with a pgr. AKA (Gravity, etc. ect.) PGR's are EXTREMELY bad for you. I could be wrong, but gravity is known to cause extremely hairy buds. Gravity also, as you say, makes the buds "mega solid". Its known to cause cancer stay away from buds that look like this! It is not medicine. It is poison.

17. Looks like a pile of pubes.

They are okay to smoke but don't have much THC content.

18. That bottom pic looks like tobacco lol.

19. This.