Hairs on a month old plant

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bukets, Nov 17, 2009.

1. There are 4 plants under a 400w MH light under 18/6

2 of the plants are growing hairs and it looks like its flowering.

But why =\ Neither of the other 2 plants are doing it.

I thought the light schedule is what made plants flower?

Please help me out

2. Its just the pistils dont worry

3. do you know for sure that all your plants are female? If you don't know for sure, it's important to understand that males generally reach a flowering state a little quicker than the females (bum bum bum).

Of course there's no way to tell, no pics :(

4. No i dont know if the plants are female or not.

I get the feeling you dont get what im saying =\

On the nodes of some of the plants, its pistils coming up.

But my plants are no where near ready for flowering, they are just amonth from seed

I have never seen these pistils coming out like this before..but ive never grown before either

im just going on grows ive seen online

5. my house plant has the preflowers too, it's been like that for at least a month or so. there for sure is no problem with them though, mine is still alive and growing. I believe I do know what you are talking about, but pictures would make it clear

6. its just like pistils growing.

I was thinking it was way to early, and wondered why...

guess there is no cause for concern here?

no camera...sorry

7. yeah the light schedual is what makes it flower, so i can see why u'd be confused, ive been there. its nothing to worry about. could possibly be preflowers telling you its ready to flower, but if its the same strain as the other three it sounds odd. just keep on going in your veg state and remember its really nothing to worry about.

8. Nope, i have no clue what any of the strains are.

They are just so little i didnt think that they would even start to produce anything...

Like i said they are about a month in, does this mean that they are female?

And i think some of the plants have a nute burn, they were maybe about a week younger and the small dose of nutes i gave them freaked em out

9. They're pre-flowers, and VERY normal, and after seeing them after only a month, that means you did a very good job so far ;). It doesn't mean they are flowering, they are still vegging, that's just her way of saying, OK I'm big enough and strong enough to start putting on my lady parts!

So, this means a couple of things. 1) You can start 12/12ing her if you want, or you can let her veg for a little longer. 2) The plants with the little white hairs are females. They are indeed pistils, and are just pre-flowers. 3) You're probably going to have yourself a shorter flowering period plant. Every plant that I had show pre-flowers ended up finishing in 8-10 weeks. All my sativa's that I've grown hardly ever show pre-flowers in the time I give them to veg, and usually take 10+ weeks to finish.

Either way everyone else probably has never even done their own grow, and had no idea. What you have is a good thing. Keep up what you're doing, and give her the switch whenever you're ready, because she's ready ;).

10. hey man i took that kind of offensivly. ive done my own grows, and i also did mention that they are prolly preflowers telling him that shes ready. not tryin to start a fight or an arguement here just sayin ouch. lol i know you prolly didnt meen it that way tho

11. Thanks that made it really clear for me.

See the thing is, they are growing in rockwool gro-blocks at the moment.

We put them in the gro-blocks from the starter plugs, and plan to do DWC

With a bubble bucket for 2 of them. My understanding is that the best time to put in the bucket is when roots start coming from the bottom...correct?

There are 2 plants about a week younger than the 2 planned for DWC

So i just dont think they are ready for flower yet.

This being the first grow, im a little confused.

Some people say they are ready to flower and havent even been on a nute schedule.

I fed one time with miracle grow, and it burned the 2 youngers.

So a plant that is 4in. tall can be considered ready for flowering???
    If thats the case...got ripped on these vegetative nutes because its looking to me,
    from what you guys have said, that im not even going to need them