Hairs and balls!? help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by growburn, Mar 17, 2009.

1. #1 growburn, Mar 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2009
    i am a few weeks into flowering and i thought everything was going good cuz i seen the white hairs .. but now after taking a closer look i notice balls. do males also make little white hairs?? how long is it before these males become dangerious to my females? (how long untill they burst and produce pollen)... i tried to post pics but i think i need to resize everything so it can fit

please help i can also be reached at xxxxxxx if anyone would like to coach me throught this thing it would be greatly appreciated and i can hook up all pics through reg email

thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. Definitely post pics, resize them if you need to.

And I strongly advise that you edit your original post and remove your personal e-mail address. Best not to post any potentially personal identifiable info on GC. Just click the edit button...

3. its possible it could be a hermi so thats bad news sort of 50/50 really if you can section it away to another location away from your females then you will probley end up getting all female seeds but it wont produce alot of bud.

4. Post that pic

Resize to the specs for a bmp/gif after u click attach. Just take the pic to paint and resize the vertical and horizontal % to get the right rez and upload.

5. i agree to this quote aswell.
    not only that, you could get bombarded with hundreds of spam, and if this is your main email address thru your servise provider, you may have to shut it down and create a new one. it happened to me on a boat advertisement which i placed on the internet, i had to shut down the email address and create a new one. pissed me off!

6. dont worry, you will know for sure that its male before the pollen comes out. If its male: it will have a long stem with lots of male flowers. if its female then the flower will grow connected to each node, not hung out on a stem like a male would. on males there are also tons of flowers all over, give it a couple of days and see what happens, the rest of your females will be safe.

7. I second that you shouldn't post your email up here. Employers have been using sites like myspace to find out stuff about their employees, wouldn't be too far of a stretch to imagine someone finding your email on a site like this and using it against you.

8. hey thanks for the replys guys... i suppose i will go through and remove my email... although it is an adress that i created specificly for things like this.. im going to go through and resize my pics right now

9. ok, pics are up... does anyone know if males even create white hairs?? i got some co2 and humidity questions if anyone is up for solving anymore problems

thanks

10. no pistils on a male, females use pistils to catch as much air born male pollen as possible.

11. i wouldn't know much about the Co2 question, whats the humidity question?

12. well they are both kinda intermingled i read that platns will not use co2 to the full extent if the humidity is not in the right range... (i think its suppose to be around 20%) my humidy is usually in the 30% range... i know im gonna need a dehumidifier but i am using a home made aeroponics system and think keeping the humidity may be a problem?.. i guees my main concern is the plants not being able to use the co2 efficiently

13. Dude you got a hermie.

14. how sure are you?

15. I don't see how you could be sure... I don't see any calyx (stumpy thing with a hair coming out of the end - the female preflower).

16. 99.9% i would say 100 but i wouldnt want neg rep. I dont know what type of grow you got going on. If this is your only one or two. Then I say just nueter it unless it gets out of control. More pollen will come out of one sack than you think. Check your light leaks, from my experience that is the main cause.

17. No wait...I never saw hairs. You said hairs in your title. In the third picture I see balls, so if I see balls and you see hairs then is a hermie...OK?

18. so is anyone sure what i have here?

19. All 3 pics of the same plant? Hermed. 100%.