Hairline crack on TORO swiss a/c

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Grizzly420, May 21, 2011.

1. #1 Grizzly420, May 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2011
    I go back to NY, and after 2 days here, I already caused a small crack in my TORO swiss a/c. It on the top swiss part (where the arm attachment for the mouth piece). I was having trouble getting it off the other night, and when it did, for some reason, my hand jerked back and smack the two piece on top of one another. The arm, nothing wrong. The top male joint, has a crack and another small crack about 2-3 mm away next to it. In the light, looks like an unfinished circle almost, which means it would break off as a chip piece, and not a sliver.

I'm still using the piece, and i run my finger over the inside and the outside, and i cant feel the crack, so it must be inside the glass. What should I do? I only really use the piece b/c it acts a a bubbler for me, but i hate that the arm gets stuck every now and then. Tried using water to help open it up, guess ill use oil next time and give it time so I don't have to force it.

2. Your screwed pretty much, maybe post on TC in the toro appreciation thread and wak will help you out.

wak is toros online rep, wendy.

3. I hear cracks are pretty common on the Toro swiss units, apparently the welds aren't all that great.

4. I figure I'll just temp retire the piece, at least as a bubbler for now. I can still use it as an a/c. But from now on, I think I'm gonna get pieces that are strictly for their particular function instead of duality.

Never stick with one piece. Always change it up. If there isn't a lot of times to use it, there aren't a lot of times to break it.

^^^ New motto for me.